Break up

Today I told my fiance that we are over. He just isn't the same person anymore. I was pretty mean when we first started to date, but I just got out of a abusive relationship and well I guess I took my anger on him from being abused. And I went and got help with my anger and now I am very happy. But he is getting meanier it seems. So I told him I am letting him go. Im done running after him. I can't keep being pushed down and all. It just realy hurts now. Did I do the right thing???
@laurika (4537)
I think you do and am really happy for you can see the wrong things in relationship. It is better to break up with him now, liek you will be much mroe longer with him, really got used to him and it would be worse and worse to tell him , it is over. You have to be really strong now, i am sure you will be sad, try to contact some of your friends and spend soem time with them. It would bring you some other thoughts.