Do You Make A Living Off Of Your Writing?

@KrauseHome (35517)
I know there are many of us who write here online. Via sites like this, Yuwi, Blogs, Associated Content, Gather, etc. But what I am refering too, is having a place where you actually make at least $100 or more each time something is published. Or you are a Writer, and have had some of your Books published in print. I know to make a living off of such a thing as this, in order to have enough to live off of each month, this means most people have to make like $1200 or more a month. I know for me, I guess I am afraid to try and see if I could really ever make this type of money with my Writings, even though part of my main Goal in life is to become a published author, and make a living doing so. Problem would be for me the Fear of Rejection keeps me from being able to do so. So are you making a living, and do you find it easy to get your Work accepted places, or does it take many submissions to be able to make this month on a timely basis?
@mari_skye (1638)
One thing I also want to do with my life is to have my writing published. However, going at the rate that I am going, I don't think I will ever get to finish something worth publishing. It's because I do not write really that much, which is a shame because I consider myself a writer wannabe. Also, I tend to not know on what topic or subject to focus on. I write at random and most often than not, my articles are unfinished. So there, I guess that answers your question, I don't make anything from my writing. Well, at least not yet. I believe there is still hope for me.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Boy can I relate. You sound a lot like me. Maybe what you need to do is make a list of what you want to Write about or put it in Notebooks like I have, and then when you have some Free time add to it, or rewrite some of them, and then go from there.
@lionmuri (68)
dear krause itis good idea to make living on what you like to do,and more over I suggest you to join makemoney-1.com there you could find that what you write could make you fortune too, By the way Iam sorry you cannot see my photo,and could you help me where could I upload my photo to my lot so that everyone could see not my green Me
@KrauseHome (35517)
Well, right now, my time is quite limited as it is the Holidays, and I have so much going on, but Thanks for your thoughts.
@lucky_witch (2711)
Well, I could say that there are lots of ways to earn here in the internet. I could say that it is really hard and very risky. I dont know about writing and making of blogs. I have my different way of earning here. But maybe some of lucky writer make a good living online for writing. Why nor try your luck.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Well, I know from all the research I have been doing online, there is way more than these sites I mentioned and Blogs, etc. that you can Write for, and earn $$ from. There are magazines, etc. I was just wondering if anyone has actually been successful with it, and stayed successful. Thanks for your input.
I do not make a living of of writing. Someday, I would like to after I write a couple short stories or a book. Then maybe I will find a publisher, but not yet. But someday I wouldn't mind it.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Boy can I and I am sure a lot of others out there relate with you. I think this is most of us in general, but Good Luck with your dreams of writing.
@ayou82 (3460)
I dont make this as a living. I just write whats on my mind and share it.
@KrauseHome (35517)
This is definately a good thing to do and I am sure helps others.
It may be difficult to earn a full-time income with the sites you have listed but it is possible. I know several people who do but they write for several sites at a time and put a number of hours into it. Even if you do not make a living at it, the sites you've mentioned do give you a chance to hone your writing skills. Try doing a search on freelancing to see what might turn up. Also, you do not mention what type of writing you enjoy? If you like to write short stories or poetry then your market will obviously be different than if you like to write informative articles or keyword optimized web content. Good luck with your writing and keep at it. I'm not making a full-time income but I am making decent extra money each month. There are many ways of making money off your writing so try several to see which ones you enjoy the most.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Thanks for the Well Wishes, and I know there is a lot of different stuff out there. A lot of what I Love to Write about is informative information about things I have experienced and been thru. I know there is ways out there. I guess I just need to get over my Fear of rejection, and go from there.
@AnythngArt (3304)
I would like to find myself in that situation as well (writing for a living). However, for now, I am just dabbling. I haven't made any money from my blog or much money from writing articles. Like anyone who makes their living from writing, you need to follow up on places that really pay you a reasonable sum. That is not the Internet, in my opinion. I think if you are serious, you need to focus on markets that you can find in books like "Writer's Marketplace," which means writing for magazines, newspapers, corporate publications. To make a sort of transition, you could try writing for Helium's Marketplace section. They pay less than magazines but more than your typical Internet site, typically $50-70 per article (if accepted, of course). And you have to write to the topics that they are interested in. Still, it might boost your income and help you see that there is more out there than AC and Gather. Good luck with your writing.
@KrauseHome (35517)
I know there is more out there than places like Helium, Gather, AC, etc. I just was seeing if there are people on here who are making a decent amount from other things. There are way more sites out there for places to submit too, that pay not bad when your work is published. I just need to try and submit, and go from there and see what happens.
Hi KrauselHome, I was combing through the writing category doing a bit of research and came upon this discussion. It's amazing that so many individuals who enjoy writing can't find lucrative means to support their writing dreams. I certainly don't have the answers to how someone who enjoys writing can make the amount in question. I've tried for a very long time, writing for the obvious sites, making extra, but never what I wanted to. I ended up, literally, self publishing the things I wanted to. I started with a family history; a genealogy endeavor that has lasted most of my life. I edited and edited, proof read, then proof read more, edited again and finally orgainzed the work into a fashionable format. I printed the work on my computer printer, made a nice cover page, comb binded it at home with a binding machine I bought from Ebay and had my first book in print. I sold dozens of copies to close and distant family members, even sold a few copies to researchers. The second book I published was a cookbook, which was a shoot off from the genealogy research. Both books sold well. I still sell one or two every now and again. While I didn't make a huge fortune or develope a regular $1200 monthly income, it gave me drive to continue to write the things I want to, publish them on my own and sell them on my personal website. The website keeps my writing fresh and gives me reason to press on toward the mark.......of someday being a real author. In the meantime, I'm bringing in extra income that keeps me happy. Hang in there. Something will develope.
@cripfemme (7715)
I have made my living off writing for 2 months, but I'm different as I live in subsidized housing, where rent is attached to income. I need about $600 to pay for my living expenses.
@laurika (4536)
No I am not. and don;t think I would be soon able to earn that kind a money. Also english is not my first language so that is the reason probably too. I am sure if someone is making that kinda money it is with Helium, gather or other sites you mention. they are making reall money in real print. I wish I can make at least $100 from my writing, but I am too far from it. But I will work on it.