What do you do when you but heads w/your spouse?

@jovimom (1576)
I have a situation coming up next year, my friend invited me to go to Detroit MI to see Bon Jovi. They are my all-time favorite band. We're getting tic's thru a ticket broker her other friend knows. She wants to leave the Sunday before the concert and come back the following Sunday. He already told me he's gonna take that week off of work. So what would be the big deal of me going for the entire time she will be gone? He's making a big deal and wants me to wait and leave Wed, which is the actual day of the concert. My friend offered to come back and pick me up, but I told her I would just drive if he doesn't change his mind. He's always going on fishing trips that are at least 4 days long, so why is this such a big issue?! I never go out of town w/o him, it's not like this is a regular thing for me. He knows how much I love Jovi. We would probably go to Canada while we're there since Detroit is right by the border...sometimes I hate being married!!
@linben (132)
Oh man, it's Bon Jovi!!!! I wish i could have chance to see. Anyway, i'm so happy for you and have fun in Detroit! P.S It takes two to be a happy couple. So support each other and keep the magic of love alive.
@jovimom (1576)
I know, I'm so excited! We don't actually have our tic's for Detroit yet so keep your fingers crossed for me! I told my hubbie he could buy me a ticket for the Cleveland OH show for my x-mas present! The seats I want are about $350. Not too sure about that one!
@linben (132)
So i'll just keep my fingers crossed and make another wish for you!!
@jovimom (1576)
Thank-you, I appreciate that!
@maddysmommy (16236)
Aargh tell him to stick it and go with your friend LOL kidding but still... he has to seem to be fair too and if he takes 4 days for fishing, why can't you? besides you don't want to get there on the day of the concert incase you get stuck in traffic, or something or rather, you don't want to be burning the midnight oil just to get there in time for the concert (it is far away isn't it? LOL) Be firm but nice LOL and tell him you want to go with your friend on Sunday.
@jovimom (1576)
Well, he gave in on that part, now I have an issue with the tickets. The person we were supposed to have getting them was one of the girls mom's boyfriend. Apparently, she has ticked him off, so now he probably won't get us good seats :( If this ends up being the only time I get to see Bon Jovi and I have sucky seats, I'm gonna be irate!! I don't know about Cleveland because of funds and who knows if he will come to Indiana or not, he didn't on the last tour....always a dilemma when it comes to Jovi
@milkfish (375)
Hi jovimom! I wish your husband will learn to compromise. They say that in marriage, both couple should have spaces for growth such as doing things that interests them. Husbands do their own "for the boys" stuff. Wives can also have their "girl's day out" for that matter. I know that this concert maens so much to you. I hope your husband will soften up a bit and give in. Goodluck!
@jovimom (1576)
Well, I feel like an idiot. He's already said I could leave when my friend leaves! Woo-hoo! The guilt trip works sometimes,lol! Now, I just have to save my money up for the trip....