When do you spring clean?

@vicki2876 (5640)
I am going a bit crazy. I am a minimalist with three pack rat kids. Not even going into how my man lives. GRRR! I need to go through so much and chuck but the kids don't want me to get rid of their stuff. I seem to go through things usually just after summer when the kids are back to school and just before xmas and easter. Get rid of some so I can get more in. AGH! I am lacking motivation big time but I feel overwhelmed with stuff. When do you spring clean and how do you deal with other people's stuff in your house?
@3lilangels (4641)
well basically my friend i do spring cleaning every day,i am always cleaning out something,and putting stuff away so that i dont have to do it when the spring comes.it will already be done.and with 3 kids i have to do it that way,it's easier to do a little here and there and then it's done when spring is here.pattie
@vicki2876 (5640)
You sure have lots of energy pattie! Thanks
I "spring" clean every 3 months. I can't stand a lot of stuff to be in the house. My daughter gets so mad because she wants to keep old toys that have stains or broken pieces and it drives me up the wall so I have to toss them out.
@vicki2876 (5640)
LOL We are feeling the same way. Thanks
@rachael5760 (2338)
• Israel
I spring clean for Passover. But I usually start around Purim, or a month before. This year, I'm starting to go through all the clothes a shelf at a time, and give things away. Yesterday I took 3 bags out, and today another 2! It is best to make a habit of cleaning every week. Then when you have to have the house absolutely tip top, it won't be so bad. Good Luck!!
@vicki2876 (5640)
I clean every day but that is just the basics. Still takes a while though. For the heavy duty stuff I don't seem to make the time for weekly. But your right, if I did a drawer or cupboard once a day it wouldn't get to be so much. Thanks
Mostly I spring clean in the spring. But I have been known to do it in any of the seasons. But I still call it spring cleaning. I have also been known to skip it entirely for a couple of years. Other people's stuff is a major 'issue' with me, that's why I prefer living alone.
@vicki2876 (5640)
LOL I always call it spring cleaning even if it isn't too. Thanks
@myfanwy65 (1031)
I am a pack rat. So, I rarely do cleaning like that. And, I don't want to get rid of stuff. Because, as soon as I throw something away I will need it. :D My boyfriend is a pack rat too. So we have tons of stuff. We have a two car garage that you can barely walk through and also a shed in back that has stuff in it. And, our house is packed with stuff. We moved a couple months ago and so there are plastic totes everywhere. It just doesn't bother me. I have no idea why.
@vicki2876 (5640)
I think because my mother was a pack rat I became the opposite of it. It was packed. I have claustrophobia too. I would rather be comfortable in a middle ground with everyone else in the house, but it isn't working for me yet. Thanks
I spring clean when I want to or if I am really bored at the time. I do clean once in a while but it doesn't get dirty that often but it does get dusty though.
@cutepenguin (6459)
I spring clean in April. I have a lot of trouble as it is sorting through my own stuff, it's a good thing I don't have to sort through other people's stuff.