What type of yarn should I use to make a skirt

@venshida (4837)
One of my daughters asked me to crochet a skirt about a year ago, and I am thinking I should make her one for Christmas. What type of yarn would be the best to use?
I would probably use 8 ply wool, it's a bit stronger & will be warmer for winter.
@venshida (4837)
I did purchase the yarn, and I use wool because my daughter lives in Chicago so really cold.
I hope it works out for you :)
it's after Christmas now. Did you make the skirt? What style? Do you have a picture? Can you post it? I'd love to see it.
@Modestah (11192)
wool is a nice option for a winter skirt, but may be too bulky for personal tastes. If you make a wool skirt would you make a sew in liner for it for comfort against the skin? another option would be sports weight yarn as that is softer and makes a fine fabric.
@venshida (4837)
The skirt is bulky, but I think appropriate for cold weather. I am going to try another with a soft yarn that I can wear during Spring etc.