I would like to learn to read tarot cards.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know nothing basically. Where is a good place to start? What would be a good place to buy decks? What deck should I start with? Help....
Hello just2crazygirlz. I have had many different tarot decks. My current favorite is the 'Osho Zen tarot', but I also have an old favorite which is Sacred Circle tarot, although both of those decks focus more on self-growth than on 'predicting the future'. So, it would depend on what your purpose was with them which deck you should start with. You should go to a metaphysical bookstore or check out some of the online shops that specialize in tarot. There are many beautiful decks and you could easily just start with one that attracts you. houseoftarot.com is a good place to start. Have fun!
thank you. I do not know what I want them for yet. I have had them read for me. It has usually always been about prediction tho. How did you learn? Thanks for the comment.
My first deck was given to me by a 'psychic' friend of mine. I had it stolen from me though by a couple of truck drivers while hitchhiking to Mexico. I thought that was very funny picturing those burly, manly type truckers sitting down with a couple of candles reading each others cards! I have read many books on the subject, and there are many more that I haven't read. houseoftarot has a 'beginners' section that seems like it would be good starting point for you. Even if later you end up changing decks that's ok too, cause a collection of decks is a wonderful thing to have!
So I bought 2 decks at a local store. I could not decide between the 2. Now that I have them home and have the books, I think I do like one more than the other. The one like is the Gilded Tarot. Heard of it? The cards are so pretty. The other deck is the enchanted tarot. These have words printed on the card to give you a hint. The woman that owns the place where I bought them recommended them. What is your take?
@Sungolian (377)
I've been to two "psychic readers" who used tarot cards on two separate occasions. One of them was sort of on the right track, but the other one was just totally wrong with everything she said about me. So while it sounds like a fun thing to explore, I'm just not convinced that tarot cards are accurate in any way. Maybe you might wanna do palm reading? lol. But that sounds a lot more boring. I wonder if those crystal ball things are real. haha.
Funny. I doubt it though. The thing with the cards is that it is the way you interpret them. That is why you should study them and their meanings. I have done 5 readings now. I seem to be pretty good. i can't just spit the info out yet though. It is fun.
@Foxfire1875 (2011)
Since you've already started doing readings, I would like to add that you might try meditating on the cards as that really helped me understand them on a lot of levels. Good luck with your readings.
Thanks.