Thanksgiving Traditions

@bobmnu (8160)
Thanksgiving is one of the heavely traveled Holidays with people going home for the Holidays. Does your family have any special traditionsor how do you celebrate Thanksgiving. In our family the men are out hunting (Deer Season) and we come in for the traditional Thanksgiving turkey meal, but it is the weekend before Thanksgiving. My in-laws Church hosts a Hunters Thanksgiving Dinner with all the trimmings. On Thanksgiving Day we celebrate with a Beef Roast and A Pork Roast and a family meal. After dinner the woemn get together to draw up the next morning Game Plan for the Opening of the Christmas Shopping Season and checking out where the best deals are going to be on Black Friday.
@anniepa (27122)
For the last few years we've have Thanksgiving dinner either at my daughter's or at her mother-in-law's. Yep, that's right, we're all very close friends, two sets of inlaws who really get along great! This year it's the inlaws's for the usual turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and about 100 other good dishes. Then, as I stay with my 90 year old mother I'll be having a second big meal. My family has another strange tradition. My brother always comes in from New Jersey and he makes a huge pot of his famous spaghetti sauce, so the second dinner is spaghetti and salad and bread. His spaghetti has about 10 pounds of ground beef and hot sausage plus some of the hottest hot peppers there are. He has a hard time finding them in our local supermarkets here. It's really delicious if you like hot and spicy food, which I do. Black Friday shopping is something I think you either love or hate; I did it once years ago with my sister-in-law and I vowed then NEVER AGAIN. I know it's much worse now because this was back when they first started calling it Black Friday, probably over 30 years ago, and there are so many more people and so much more traffic now than there was then. I'll sit at my computer and shop online. Saves on gas, too! Besides, after all that eating I won't be able to move on Friday! Happy Thanksgiving! Annie
@bobmnu (8160)
Sharring theHolidayswith Family is great. Wespend the time with my wife's family because my family isall over the country. I do try to get to see them one a year though. I understand where you are comming from. I did have freinds in college who almost got divorced over Thanksgiving Dinner. His family lived in one city and had Turkey at noon and her family lived 55 miles away and always had dinner at 3;30PM. Both parents insisted that they be there for dinner and neither would change the time. When they had their first baby they finally delivered the Ultamatium Change or we will celebrate at home. One had lunch and the other had a lat supper.
Well,Thanksgiving must be a happy and nice festival.Although, in my country there is no Thanksgiving Day,there are a lot people to celebrate this festival. Well, the way by which these persons celebrate it is your common ,just like having a dinner,tiny party and eating turkey etc. And in Thanksgiving Day ,I usually go to the restaurant to have a nice meal with my girlfriend.Unfortunately,this year,I will not go because I go to study in otherplace without my girl.