I have a dillema that maybe someone can Help me with.

I met a guy online few months back, It seems that it's getting serious between us,(remember I never met the guy face to face, nor talk to him real time) now he's asking me to cash a check for him in the thousands of dollars for his business, since the compagny is not in the state but in canada and I live in canada. Should I do it? or is he try to scam me?
@dellion (6706)
Never nevr do that! Don't you think it should be in more formal way to deal it if that was a real business?Think about it!
that it I'm thinking about it...
I don't think I will do it, but if I did what could happen to me? Do you know?
@darceny (321)
This is a scam. "Run" away from this guy as quickly as you can.
Angel - Angel on a the moon
I think I will...
never ever do that dear...else u may be repenting for the rest of ur life...
thanks, but my question is what could happen to me if i do it?(not that I will do it...i don't know anymore)
Its not that someone 'falls' for it. It happens, and unfortunately it can happen to the best of us. Not just cashing checks for people but cashing checks you were given as a payment for a job done or an item sold. A few years ago we were trying to sell a restored 67 Checy short bed. Real sweet looking. Anyways, we had a buyer, gave us a 2500 dollar money order for a 2000 truck. So we went to cash it and since it just didn't seem right we asked to verify funds first. The cashiers check was actually for 25 dollars and had been cashed 3 years prior. It happens. Just have to use your head and make your best judgement call. Best not to throw caution to the wind though. So theres another thing you can do, accept the check. There should be a number on it or a name of a bank. Call and verify funds. Until they can say "Yes its legitimate" hold it. And if its not you can turn it over to the police.
That is a very good idea Thanks
@ahalapia (946)
Just tell him straight out that your not risking yourself, to do this for him, let him get in touch with the company itself to cash it. If its not a scam, then he should have no problem doing that.
@heartonfire (4132)
• Denmark
lolllll i hope u are kidding,and there is no one in this world that falls for that..
I'm not kidding, It's happening for real.
Personally I wouldn't do it. You can always tell him you don't have a bank account so you can't.
that is an idea...thanks
@bhbirdie6 (1771)
Sounds like a scam to me. I wouldn't do it. Why can't he cash the check himself? If he can't cash it himself there's probably a good reason for it and it's not just "silly" mistake.
He says it's because is in africa for business and won't be back for 3 weeks
NEVER Ever do that!!! Please! Pls refer to my discussion with the topic 'Cheated online' and you'll know more. Stop communicating with this guy instantly!!!!
@Cortney (3986)
I would not do it. If there was anything illegal about it, then you would be involved in that. That just sounds real fishy.
@Funloving (879)
Dont do it if u wanna help him out just ask him to meet u talk to him ask him abt his business & where hes ganna use this money sujest him to get loan
@lilaclady (28240)
I wouldn't do it, I have been caught in a similar way by someone I thought I could really trust...I got burnt...bad
No, please don't do it. If his business is in Canada, why is he not in Canada to run it and to take care of the things that running a business entails? You're not his employee, right? This is just someone you've been chatting with? You never know what this guy has going on and if I had to guess I'd say this guy probably has some skeletons in his closet. Why can't he cash the check himself? There must be some reason and it's probably not a good one. The only things you "know" about this guy is what he tells you over the internet, so there's no way for you to verify what he's telling you about himself. You can't make a clear assessment of someone from internet conversations. Anyway, if what he's dealing with is something negative and you cash a check for him or do ANY kind of business for him, your name would be all over it and you'd be in some trouble if he ever got caught. I wouldn't trust it and honestly, I wouldn't meet him in person if I were you either. If he's that connieving after only having talked to you online, who knows what he'd be asking you to do if your relationship ever became personal/physical.
@nontoxic (1065)
I would not do it...... He might be all right but you never know........ If you loose alot of money it would be tooooo late. Why in the world would he want you to cash it???????? Go to a bank......
Absolutely not! Trust me he's trying to stick it to you! I've almost been scammed by better people than this, but this guy's a thousand times lower! He's using your feelings for him to get you to commit, not to love, but to money that you might not even be able to afford to give him, much less loan to him! Take my and everyone else's advice, DON'T DO IT!!!
@aprilsue00 (1992)
definately do not do it.