That's it I am calling pest control

Australia
Just now as I was writhing a new discussion I felt something on my arm I looked and it was a spider (not a huge one anly abou 1cm big) but man am I going to have nightmares tonight. I just hate spiders. I told my husband if I see another one I am going to call pest controll who cares about the $150 I cant be on the look out all the time. I hit it (to kill him) but as it was on my arm now my arm is hot and red (I am sure I could have killed it by not using so much force but just in case)
Eeekkk..It gives me the willies just thinking about it! I don't like spiders either, their just down right creepy. I'm sorry your arm is red, but the thing just had to be taken out! Good job! humans 1 spiders 0
Today I went around the house with a can of insect killer and killed few.
Yeah! Humans 4 Spiders 0 We're winning we're winning! PS- Thanks for the Best Response! That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:) Just like when my dad would take me out for ice cream...fun fun The ice cream was of cours Sans Spiders...eeew..ick Die spiders die~!
I have just trained my little son to look out for spiders (the pest control people are coming on friday) so everytime he sees a spider he comes runing to me and tells me so I can go kill it.
@Aussies2007 (5339)
You would be wasting your money calling the pest control to get ride of spiders. They come from outside... and within two weeks... they will all be back. You live in Australia... you better get use to it. If you have lots of trees around your house... it might contribute to it. They go where the insects are... to feed on them. If you leave a light on... outside in the evening... it will keep the insect outside as well as the spiders. Fly screen on your windows will keep the insects and spiders outside. You should never hit a potentially biting insect on your skin as it can bite you if you don't kill it from the first go. Instead you should brush it off your arm... and then step on it. Most spiders are actually pretty harmless. You just need to worry about the black ones. The dangerous ones are the funnel web (don't come to Sydney) and the Red back which seem to be everywhere. Usually in the garden under metal and rocks.
I found one that sprays all around the house, under the house, over basicly everywhere and they give garantee if I see a spider in that time they will give me my money back. He was the guy that treated my neighbours house for termites, and a friends house for ants and he gave them one year garantee.
oh and I cant get used to them as I have a phobia of spiders.
@wolfie34 (26793)
I love spiders, it is the ONLY insect I won't kill that comes into my home, that and bees, anything else gets exterminated in one way or another. I encourage spiders because they eat all the other horrid bugs in the home especially flies! Although having said that being in the UK we don't have poisonous wild spiders like your good self and I think if we had poisonous ones in this country I wouldn't want them in.
well I must say you are lucky but once you feel the pain of spider bite you will feel the same. For moths after that I had stomack pain like something was burning and it wasnt heart burn as it was around the area where the spider bit me.