do you think Christian music is Worshipping or Music?what your religion?

@mari123 (1862)
China
Recently I went to Christian Rock Concert with my friends. I am not a christian. All the audiances seemed to be enjoying their music, but at the same time they cheered and screamed as the band mentions about their god. I wonder, they were there because they like the band's music, or they were there because this is one of the way to worship their god? what do you think? i want to here your opinion.
@Bev1986 (1427)
I definitely think is was worship! I've gone to many youth concerts with my kids, who are Christian, and they are definitely there to worship AND enjoy the music. Their friends are there to worship as well, and it's a way for them to show their love for God in a way that is comfortable to them. They love rock and rap and music that sounds like heavy metal! But the words.... ah, the words. That's what is important. I may not be able to sing along, but when I read the words, I know that my girls are praising God. If it wasn't the words... they could go to any rock concert and hear the same beat and rhythm. But, in my opinion, they are there for only one reason.
@nica269 (1399)
This is just my opinion ~ I think that the Christian concert you went to with some friends is just music. If they are born again Christians, it's just music,they weren't worshiping...at least I don't think so. I'm LDS, what are you????
@AD11RGUY (1266)
Excellent question! And I haven't got a clue! But what I've been told and have heard on the radio is that in order to reach the youth of today, several religions decided to venture into the kind of music they listen to. While it has been traditionally considered the devil's music, they realized that it is a powerful means of getting their religious messages across to the younger generation. I do believe it was born out of concern for the dwindling population of congregations nation wide. And like any successful operation, they had to change with the times or face extinction.