Do you procrastinate?

@shelagh77 (3643)
We have had another thrilling day here whilst Other Half tries to put off the evil hour when he has to enter the shed to make room to put the items over which I have been tripping and falling for the past few weeks. So far he has phoned everyone in his address book, changed his ring tones, programmed the answerphone and driven the birds to distraction trying to teach them a new trick. Meanwhile, darkness has arrived. If I have a task I don't want to do I do it first and get it out of the way. If it really is a pits task I reward myself with a choccy bar or something but the thing is DONE. So which are you - a do it now, or a do it when I really have no choice person?
@Lakota12 (42684)
oh heck ya get it out of the wayas soon a osible and I dont even reward meself. and then we go tone here to that puts off that yhou have to remind him 50 times before he gets around to it then might go to bed before it gets done grrrrr.
@shelagh77 (3643)
Wow, you are very good. I need a reward, I suppose it is the child in me. I always have rewarded myself but it does get things done. The worst case of procrastinating was when he needed a business plan and we ended up staying up all night doing the thing. It was a real grrrrrrrrrr job, I can tell you!
@Lakota12 (42684)
I know ya told me about it but ya did get it done! clap clap
@shelagh77 (3643)
Well, I don't get much help from Lady Luck. I had to take massive dose of painkillers over my jaw pain and when I finally woke up (Other Half says was LOVELY and peaceful!) I had no connectivity! I have not been able to get on line all day or night, sigh.
@raydene (9875)
I like you want to get the heavies most dreaded chores over with first so as I tire through the day my chores get easier and not so bad. Tell partner that had he done it in the AM it would now be behind him! But due to his procrastination he still has it to look forward to...or continue to dread! xoxoxoxo
@shelagh77 (3643)
Yup, we do get more tired as we are awake for longer, don't we? I like to just get things out of the way and then I am free to daydream and enjoy my on line life :-) He doesn't actuallly dread things, he sort of puts the thoughts into some sort of black hole in his brain and unless I freak out because something isn't done that is where they thoughts remain :-)
Absolutely. Get the dreaded deed over with first thing. Even when I have a doctors or dentist appointment, I always ask for the first appointment of the day. Sometimes I can't always have this my way. At the dentist, yes, they know I want the first appointment and try their best to accommodate me. I hate grocery shopping, so I try to do that early in the morning, also. So, nope..I don't procrastinate..I set my mind on what to do and just do it!
@shelagh77 (3643)
Somehow I thought you may answer like that. You are one of the most organised and efficient Ladies I know! I wish I could have people doing their best to accommodate me, as you know I am a back of the queue person, sigh.