Were Going Shopping On Black Friday!!! I have Mixed feelings.

Christmas Tree - This is my tree from last year. My first real christmas tree.
So my husbands boss offered him 300$ to go christmas shopping for our boys. Only thing is he wants us to go on black friday. I have NEVER shopped on black friday. I really dont like crowds or long lines. But I cant turn down 300$. I dont have a lot of extra cash right now and wont be able to do a big christmas. This money would help out alot. And we dont have to pay him back. He said its his christmas bonus and he earned it. So where are the best places to go shopping to get the best deals?? Do you go on Black friday? Do you get good deals?
Copper, Copper, Copper, calm yourself down, hahaha...it's $300 buckeroo's, how much fun is that? It can be a fun day if you let it be. Start out EARLY in the morning, make sure everyone has breakfast first..that will help, haha. Get an idea of what you'd like to buy or make a list, check the papers for the sales at stores in your area, or go online and check the stores. Try not to let the people freak you out because ususally everyone is in a decent mood. They're Christmas shopping, music is playing, Santa is all around, and it's kind of a cheery atmosphere. It's going to be what you make it. Parking is a disaster, but if you keep your cool you'll eventually find a spot, haha. There is nothing anyone can do about it so I would just laugh it off. Keep your spirits up and have fun. Go to lunch but not during lunch time, everyone's there. Either go before or go after the normal lunch time. Or, just get a snack somewhere to keep everyone happy. Or, you can all go to dinner somewhere after shopping and talk and have a good time. I wouldn't worry about it, I'd just try to make it a nice memory for everyone. You know, "Remember When We Went Shopping On Black Friday!!", LOL!, heck, take some pictures, hahaha! No matter what you do, just try to have a good time and the rest will follow.
LOL. Thanx for the laugh!! I know im freaking some. I will calm down. LOL. It should be a good time. Im not taking the kids because you cant buy them stuff with them there. Then they want it when we get home. They are staying with a friend. We cant go till the afternoon. I have to watch kids till noon. Do you still think there will be sales going on? I sure hope so. I would hate to travel 1 1/2 hours each way for no sales. Thanx so much for the advice.
AAHHHH HAHAHAHAHA, I just looked at your Christmas tree picture and didn't see that it was your tree from last year, so I commented, then, I saw it was your tree from last year and re-commented, now there's like 3 or 4 comments, it doubled, haha!...All I saw was Kash, Kash, Kash, Kash, lol!...Don't ask what I did, I haven't the faintest idea, hah!
OK BACK AWAY from the computer. Slowly...ok now no one will get hurt!! LMAO!!! The more I think about it the more fun it sounds. It will be nice to have no kids, a few bucks in my pocket, and nothing to do but shop and eat!! Yea sounds fun. If anyone gets in my way though....they might get hurt!! LOL.
@Feona1962 (7527)
Wow! That is wonderful for you all. I don't have any ideas, as I am like you I don't like large crowds either...Bring the kids over here and just go where you feel comfortable....Unless you go to Pittsburgh or another big city you don't have many choices here in our town....That will maybe limit the crowds if you just shop at Walmart or Kmart or Biglots...etc...but I don't it... Now, if you don't go on Black Friday, will he not give you the money?
Im thinking we will go to eeie and see what they have going on up there. Hopefully well hit some really good sales. The bosses wife said last year she went and spent 200$ and got everyone done!!
@Feona1962 (7527)
That would be a great idea..Please bring the kids over here, that way you aren't dealing with extra stress...And if they have Vanilla Fields on sale, grab me one...LOL..No don't, just kidding..Hey, call me in a few, please..
I think I will let you watch them. Then I know there safe and I dont have to worry about them. Have you been good enough for a present??? LOL.
@Debs_place (10528)
Go out very early...now if you are planning on going to Toys R Us..here is my secret hint but don't tell anyone. Go Wednesday night, take a list. Get a cart, put what you want to purchase in it. Now hide it in the corner of the store somewhere. When you get there on Friday morning run to grab your cart and check out. I used to do that when my son was small. By 10 AM, I had my shopping done and was back home. Remember this is our secret!
LMAO!!! I can see you running like 30 mph for your saved cart!! LOL. Hell now I know the secret Im coming to get your cart!! Thats a good idea though. The store people dont find it and put it back?
@Debs_place (10528)
I never had a problem..that is why I waited until store closing. Everyone wanted to get out and get home. In the morning, they were too busy getting ready. Hide it in an obscure place if you can.
We've gone shopping the past few years. It really depends on what you're interested in. We've found a lot of great deals at Walmart. Target and Kmart have good deals too. One thing about Walmart is though, a lot of things, the ones that aren't too popular, will be on sale, for the Black Friday price well after Black Friday is over. Kitchen items and what not. The really popular items though will go fast and those won't be left for later.
If someone offered me that much money, I'd gladly get up at 3AM and drive 2 hours to get somewhere to go shopping. The toy stores are all offering good deals as is Wal-Mart. www.walmart.com already has their black Friday lists up. You might try there. Also, if they are into electronics, Best Buy or Circuit City have great deals for after T-giving sales. Hope you have fun and get a lot of good deals!
@blackbriar (9080)
Wish hubby's boss gave him that much money at Christmas time. He's lucky to get $50 for a bonus. They are cheap azzs. Anyways, figure out which store you'll be doing most of your shopping at and get there 2 hr. b4 they open or you'll be standing in a mile-long line w/o a cart. Been there/done that once when I went to walmart to buy my 1st computer. Stood in creeping line for 1/2hr. only to have to drag the puter to the check-out line after grabbing one from a rapidly disappearing stack. Wish I had the money to go shopping cause I would be out among the mass grabbing the good deals as well.
@maddysmommy (16236)
I am not going to shop on Black Friday this year. We are on a tight budget for the next few months as we are saving hard for our travels to the Cook Islands next year in April for my sister in laws wedding. I so much want to shop because of ALL the discounts and bargains but I am staying from the shops. Its hard because I have to force myself not to leave the house LOL
@chertsy (3805)
Go to http://bfads.net/Sears-Fri-Sat This will show you what will be on sale on Friday, Then you can compare prices at each stores and go from there. This comes in handy, when you want to save money but at the same time get a couple of things for your boys. Don't forget to get the boss a little something to say thank you. Men don't admit it, but they do like getting socks, lol.
dear copperkitten, i am going to target, it opens at 6 AM on black friday, and i am going to kohls, it opens at 4 AM on black friday. i think if you go to bed early if you can on thanksgiving and then hit the stores madd early on black friday, you will be fine. what stores are you going to shop at? do you have target there and kohls, also macy is having a big big sale i will try to go to if i have any $$$ left, lol, lol.....stanzi
@suspenseful (40316)
I always thought that Penny's was the best place. You can try Walmart, K-Mart, and Target as well as Woolco. There are others, but I forget their name. I suggest you get there early and have a list so you know where to get the best bargains. I am not an American, but we do have Walmart up here, and we also go to Best Buy if you are interested into electronics, and there are some DVDs there that are not available in Walmart.