Was there anything that you thought was bad, but turned out to be a blessing?

@writersedge (22579)
My blessing in disguise is having problems like polycystic ovarian and tourettes problems. The blessing part is that my friends are my true friends. They don't care that I have a hairy face or that it spasms or that I'm funny looking. These problems have weeded out false friends and helped me find my true ones. Take care
@3lilangels (4639)
well hon i believe that sometimes in all of our lives we all have something that was bad and turned out to be a blessing but just knowing that we have true friends is a huge blessing on it's own no matter what we look like,are friends are real.pattie
@writersedge (22579)
Thanks and take care
@twoey68 (13651)
I'd have to say that my blessing in disguise was not having children. Don't get me wrong, I love kids and my Nephew is like my own. But I spent most of my life feeling unfulfilled and let down b/c I never had a child, now that I know it's not possible I can move on with my life and be happy with what I do have...and I can spoil my Nephew to my heart's content. "COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS" **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@writersedge (22579)
I know of two different people, who didn't have children, but one ended up raising her neice and one is helping out with her nephew. They're very happy. Take care
You are blessed and don't fret too much on having PCOS (it is very treatable as I discovered without surgical intervention how to decrease the size of my cyst and live a normal life again) or Touretts syndrome. BTW--what do you do to control the outbreaks caused by the Tourette exacerbator ? I was fascinated by the syndrome because so little was known about it when I went through my bachelors degree program for traditional psychology and specializing in abnormal child development back in 1995-2000. Am I correct in stating that less cases are being 'born' as the syndrome is more widespread in knowing how to curtail the symptommology ? therefore removing it from many communities and classes of individuals . . .? sharing the light and happy holidays, Miss Erica Hidvegi, the Enlightenment_Advisor, B.A. Psych/M.A. Transpersonal Studies- Cnslng/Author, Artist, Photographer, Entrepreneur & Freelance extraordinaire http://www.enlightenment-psych.net/womenshealth.htm
@alamode (3073)
Weeelll... I was drinking quite a bit before I had my leg cut off.. it stopped me, but it stopped me doing everything for a really long time! It may have been a bit excessive, as object lessons go!LOL! But as with you, my own and other people's priorities became much more clear. I don't miss those I lost, and I treasure those I found!
@writersedge (22579)
Now that's quite a sobering experience! I've had Tourettes all my life, just didn't know what it was. People just thought I was strange and jerky! My fur face started after my periods. I think around a year or two later. People that instantly dislike me, I don't have to be bothered with!So it's pretty handy. Weed out all the morons to start with. Automatic screening devise! TAke care and thanks for your response.
@alamode (3073)
Our son was tested for Tourette's at about age 12... he was found to not have it, that his tics and noises were part of his bipolar disorder. He is a kind and loving human being, but was the butt of jokes most of his life. He also has a sense of humor... he said that if people were willing to be his friend with all he had going on, they were TRUE friends!
@writersedge (22579)
He's right.