Would you marry for companionship?

I know of a friend who is very lonely. She has been dating like crazy but she is still alone. Her dates seems to be meaningless. No one seem to catch her eye. But at what time would you say I give up let's just marry John Doe or whoever that's next in line. She did and she even told him it was for companionship. Does that seem right to you? Would you do it? What would you suggest for her to do she is now 40 years old never been married never had any children. She has one older brother never married and one younger sister never married.
@royanne (372)
For me, as for that person maybe it is a really good idea to marry for companionship or maybe not really marry but just make an arrangement. if the guy agree's so it would be good. maybe in the process they could learn about each other and grow to love the person. it's just like talking an adventure! it's a great risk and it might hurt in the end but at least they tried it and they wouldn't wonder what could have happened if they hadn't, right?
Yup, I agree. If they both know what the reason is and they are okay with the idea. Then they are committed to that arrangement that would be fine. For some it is better than be alone for the long hall. It gets very lonely when the holidays comes around. Even on times when you feel good or bad you want someone right there to share the moment. Being alone, no one would be able to share your joy or help shoulder some sad moments.
@royanne (372)
yeah, i think your very right! i agree! with what you said! if the arrangement is okay with them then why not? ^_^ right?
@milkfish (377)
I guess there are really some people who just marry for the sake of companionship. They just don't want to grow old alone and found somebody that will spend time and grow old with /him/her. At first, it may just start as pure "companionship" but eventually it may grow to a higher level, maybe they will find each other in love at the end. Personally, I will not marry for pure companionship. I am a hopeless romantic and I believe that love should be the key in a relationship of the couple.
Yeah I hear you. I personally would not do it for that reason either. I would much rather for love. I know others who started off being companionships or arranged marriage and they fell in love a year or years after and they been and still are married. Unlike others who thought they were in love and married and divorce in about a week or less. Thanks for the post.
• South Korea
maybe she donot really wanted to get marriaged.
She does I think. Thank you for your comment.
@lilaclady (28270)
I know a few people who have gotten together and I think the main reason is for companionship, I have a friend who just got married for the first time at 65 and she is very happy, and I think a lot more people are thinking twice beofre getting married these days..
Wow at 65? Is it her first marriage? Thanks for your comment.