Overwhelmed

Sickie Pooh - Auntie's baby is sick. I am sad, boo, hoo. I did not get to see him today.
@Rozie37 (15503)
Turkmenistan
Have you ever been faced with so many things in one day that you felt totally overwhelmed. I went to my sisters house today and now I am so drained from all the things that went on and were said. Most of it went nice. The food was good. My sister really walked hard and do a very good job one everything. I ate good. The was ham, turkey, chicken, potato salad, dressing, collard greens and of course my sisters famous macaroni and cheese. This is the first Thanksgiving that I have spent with my family in at least three years. I hate until I hurt myself. I had to bring desert home because I had no room for it. There was a lot of food that I did not even see, much less taste. I got stuffed kind of fast. I really enjoyed seeing my sister and the kids and my sisters in-laws. My aunt was there also. I really thought that I would be able to see my great-nephew Jeremiah. But my other sister said that he had thrown up six times today. She said that the doctor gave him a flu shot and she thinks that it gave him the flu. He hasn't been able to keep anything down. She gave him a teaspoon of oatmeal and he threw that up. She says she is going to call his doctor tomorrow. Then my other nephew is still in bed with Pneumonia. I was asking her if she thought that he made the baby sick. She said she doesn't think so. You think this is bad, you have not heard all the drama going on with my older sister and her husband or my nineteen year old niece. I have to do some more calming down before I can even touch those subjects.
Wow! Sounds like you had a great time. Shame your nephews are sick though. I'm sure they will get better soon though.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
Yes, I am praying that they are better soon.
Kids are very resilient, and bounce back as though nothing has happened. At least mine do! Grrrr, they are sick for one day, and I suffer for the next week! lol.
@Flight84 (3050)
Thursday was kinda busy for me too. We went to my husband's uncle's house for the first time and there were so many people! I didn't even know half of them. I hate crowds, especially with people I don't know well. They were all asking me tons of questions, like about our house and when we're going to have a baby and gah!!! I was going crazy. Everytime I turned around there was someone new at my elbow. Tonight we had to go to my mama's house and it was a lot more calm. I dunno. The past few weeks have been overwhelming for me. I need a vacation!
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I know exactly what you mean about crowds and no one likes to be on the hot seat, especially among strangers. I also do not like the nosey people, much less when they are in-laws.
@maddysmommy (16235)
Wow that is a lot of food for thanksgiving lunch -yummy! glad you had a great time with your family Rozie. Sorry to hear your nephews were not feeling too good. I hope they both get better soon. I hope it wasn't bad news regarding your sister, husband and your neice. Go and take a rest and relax a bit and then come back to post. HUGS!
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
We are the bad news bear family. I wish I had got some good news, but alas, it is my family we are speaking of.