Clean then Re-decorate..

@raijin (10373)
When you clean your house, do you also try new ways to re-decorate it? Let's say, putting stuffs/things on other places or looking for a more comfortable spot to relocate some of your appliances. Or you just leave them as it is, because they are fixed? When we clean our house, we always try new things for it to have a different look. We put things on different places, like the sofa or couch should be put from where it was not placed before. We also find some ways to make it look more comfortable to move around, creating more space to make it look a place that is more pleasant to rest and relax at. So what do you do when doing a general cleaning, can you please share some of your tips to make your home look alot different from what it was before? Have a great day, thank you all in advance and enjoy posting!;)
@jcj_111776 (3220)
hi raijin. Yes, I usually do that re-decorating when I have to do a general cleaning. Because sometimes the way things are placed tend to look a little boring after sometime. But I make sure that I do have that extra time to move things around because the cleaning chore already eats up a lot of my time. There are times that I don't need to do a general cleaning but I still move some things around the house. Because there are days when I look at a particular spot and I know I just have to do something about it. Just 2 days ago, I rearranged some things inside our bedroom to make some extra space. Especially when my son loves to run around the room. I need to be sure that he doesn't hit his head or trip over something.
@raijin (10373)
Yes you do need to create more room, I know that having kids around the house means "disaster" at times!;) Thank you for the time, have a great day..
Hi raijin, My husband is the house person, since I work outside the home. When he cleans, he likes to move the furniture around. He says the cleaning shows better that way. LOL If I get a chance to do the cleaning, I have to have him help me move things around. I do like to change the pictures on the wall, or move knick knacks around. I like a place to look inviting when I want to relax. After a hard day at work, I look for comfort. Happy posting..
@raijin (10373)
Thank you crazy_ol_lady, I know how your husband feels being the one who's responsible to clean the house!;) We also rearrange some of the pictures if possible, we like to look at different views inside even if we're in the comfort of our home.
@azimsay (545)
I tis doing all people .First clean the house and then keep you things in same place.But house will be very big and ferniture also very big then you can clean half and keep furniture in a place.
@raijin (10373)
Thank you for the post, I hope that you enjoy whatever it is that you do in your home..
@maryannemax (12170)
• Sweden
absolutely!!! hej raij! anyway, i am like that. whenever i clean our flat, i try to redecorate or rearrange stuffs. my boyfriend is often surprised whenever i do that. he immediately look at where i placed the stuffs again. i like to rearrange things. even just little things like photo frames or flower vases. i wanna see some new arrangements all the time. it reminds me somehow that i cleaned our place. i feel refreshed by doing so. anne
@raijin (10373)
I bet your boyfriend likes it, making the place you live in look like new again makes the people who live in it to stay more and enjoy it's relaxing ambience!;)
@maddysmommy (16235)
Most of the time I do. I use to move the sofas around for a change but now that we have a new set of chairs,they are too heavy for me to move. Because our lounge is a rectangle shape and the tv can only go in one corner, there is really only one way the couches can fit. I've been wanting to change the set up for a while now but can't think of a way to fit our sofa in nicely LOL I usually change my sons room around too, maybe once a month and get rid of things that he no longer uses or plays with. I also clean out our closets and rearrange all our clothes too. If I am in the mood then I can spend the whole day cleaning and rearranging the house.
@raijin (10373)
Yes, it is very difficult to move things around when you're alone!;)
@peanutjar (5211)
Hi raijin.No i do not change it around,the rooms are fixed since we did our big renovation last year inside the house.We bought furniture for each room that fit in them a certain way/look and would not look at all great if they were at least tried to be changed around.The only place i can change things around is in our basement recreational room/spare bedroom.Im always changing this!Haha,i haven't really figured what style im going to put/create here yet,still working on that one,haha. Peanutjar:)
@raijin (10373)
I hope that you can decide on what to do with that room, I know some houses who have the same themes that you have in your's also. They don't change it because the furnitures and fixtures as simply made for that specific room, but they move and change the settings at times..=)
@Ohara_1983 (4120)
• Kuwait
yup, I love to re-decorate my room & sala but sometimes my hubby get mad on me when i keep changing the whole sala.specailly when i feel bored,changing your decoration will be nice specially when you have visitor they look new.