do you prefer home business or run it from a store?

@LittleMel (14055)
I've heard some people told me that running a business from home is not convenient for customers to come. What do you think about this statement? I used to have a store but since I moved my shop home it's more convenient and I can stick to my budget better. Plus I can be here anytime I want to, not bothered with transportation.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi LittleMel! I did have a shop before too and i have a very good location before. It was in the heart of the city and so many people can see the shop and I have a lot of walk-ins. However, after almost 15 years of having a shop to run, I moved because of various reasons. So i decided my business to be home based. I was able to maintain my regular clients and customers but it was kinda slow in having new customers. But I think in time, people will get to know of my new location. I guess having it in your home will mae it not so accessible to potential target market, however the maintaining cost of having a shop nowadys is not worth the risk. So, i will just have to wait and just market my products aggressively. Just my thoughts. Good luck on your home based business and have a nice day. Take care. :)
@LittleMel (14055)
thanks for sharing. My business is going on year 2 now so I need to stay within budget to make it easier for the next 3 years
@faith210 (11233)
Good luck and i believe you can make it. :)
@LittleMel (14055)
thanks
@polachicago (19073)
I don't know who told you this, but it is not true. It depends on business. I know many businesses with home office and I am fine with this.
@LittleMel (14055)
sure. some businesses like accounting, photography, wedding planning you can do it well at home. doesn't take much space and inventory
I had experiences in both and I much rather have it in the store. When I first went into business I ran it at a physical location 15 minutes away from my home. It was great I didn't have to drive too far but at the same time I didn't have to have my customers come too close to my comfort zone. It was not convenient for them nor I. When I had my kids I decided to help hubby open up a home business it was hard to do. You don't have to drive and stuff but your kids does come in and out and make noises. But I can see the pros and cons for both. Now, I just want to have a home business that don't require me to have my customer come to me or know where exactly I live. Don't like to make myself to convenient for my customer or family. I have to find a balance some how.
@LittleMel (14055)
yes, those who told me that home business is not convenient, they have kids. maybe that's why.
There are prons and cons in having a home based business. For one, it will not cost you anything for the rental space and all. I myself have been running a home based business. I find it convenient because I just need to stay at home in my usual home clothes. When customers sometimes come, there is just a receiving area that I allotted for them which is not really inside my house.
@LittleMel (14055)
maybe this way customers don't find it less convenient
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello LittleMel. I think that both home business and run it from a store have their own advantages. Here in my working place, there are a lot of home businesses. They have their own machines producing bamboo products as this is a place called China Bamboo Town. They are doing a very good bamboo business, like bamboo arts and crafts, bamboo mattress, bamboo slippers and bamboo chairs and many other such things. So it depends on what nature of things that you deal with so far as it is run in a shop or in a personal factory or such. Thanks for your discussion, dear friend.