Opinions do differ.But are you sure that you are putting down your own opinion

By Bala
@balasri (26577)
to a discussion here in a decent light vein instead of being aggressive and defensive unnecessarily?
@SViswan (12095)
I usually put my honest opinion here. Sometimes, if I feel that it might get aggressive replies, I might just choose not to reply. I've seen quite a few people who get aggressive and defensive even when the person who has posted has given a different opinion in a proper way. They just take it too personally. I once had a back and forth argument with one myLotter till I realized that we had gone away from the topic at hand and then stopped replying. Even if someone chooses to be agressive and defensive, we can choose to put a stop to it by ignoring it. We needn't waste our time and engery on trying to explain things to people who are trying to attack.
@balasri (26577)
You are getting the best response for reflecting my position and style.It is a great response.
@SViswan (12095)
Thank you so much. Another feather in my hat!
@dpk262006 (55919)
Viswan, I am also in agreement with your opinion and thoughts. Congrats for getting BR. dpk
@subathra (3519)
This is what i exactly do here in mylot..i never like to tussle with people specially with someone who are my friends here in mylot..if i open a discussion for writing my views and find that it differs with my opinion i just skip it and keep moving..i never respond in aggressive manner..sometimes i get some weird and hash replies for my discussion..in that case i never even comment harshly over those responses nor even rate negative because i know opinion differs and it really depends on someones nature to make polite, harsh responses.
@Mirita (2668)
Yes, everyone has the right to their own opinion ,but that doesn't give anyone the right to behave in an aggressive or defensive way. Is best if everyone expresses themselves in a positive way. In regards to politics, I really need to make an effort to control my feelings because the media in contolled by so many liberals and most people don't get the entire picture.
@Rozie37 (15505)
• Turkmenistan
I speak my mind and express exactly how I feel. I do not try to offend anyone, but I try to be true to myself. I don't feel that I get defensive or aggressive, but I know that there are some that do. I am learning to ignore those type of people.