Liverpool vs Newcastle

After watching yesterday's game against Newcastle United, I have to say I am much more optimistic about the forthcoming Premier League games. The team was much more balanced than some of the previous games. Kuyt and Torres are by far and away the best front pairing, whilst Gerrard and Sissoko give strength to the midfield. Have a few concerns about Kewell and Hyppia, playing regularly, as would much prefer Pennant and Agger to be first choice. Let me know your thought
@ram_cv (16516)
I think the last three performances from Liverpool have been quite good. We still have to see their performance against Porto. I really don't think Sissoko is really that good enough. Even Pennant is just above average. But, at the front Torres is pure quality and Crouchie has been great. I am not so sure about Kuyt either, as he still does not score consistently enough for me!! This might be the last full season for Hyppia, so I think Rafa would need to bolster the central defense. So in all Liverpool team is good and has depth, but I think they fall short of Arsenal, Man U and even Chelsea on that extra bit of quality. Cheers! Ram
@ameyrp (252)
I agree with you that Liverpool's performance showed against Newcastle in the weekend is much improved performance by the team. Unluckily for Fernando Torres who could have an hattrick if not because of post and the brilliance of Newcastle's goalkeeper Shay Given. I also agree with you that former captain and Finnish international Sami Hyypia is past his best already but Liverpool's manager Rafa Benitez does not have much choice due to injury to Dan Agger. Sissoko is just waste of space and when Xabi Alonso recovered from injury, for sure Sissoko will lost his place in the team.