atkins diet

i have heard alot abt atkins diet & one of my frds tried it & she lost weight , i really want to shed my pregancy weight .need advice
I wouldn't try the Atkins. I wouldn't trust *any* diet that makes you eliminate such a vital role of our body's needs. Carbs are what the Atkins diet shuns and yet our body needs carbs to live What you really need to do is eat healthy: Plenty of fresh fruit, veggies, whole wheat grains, lean cuts of meat and exercise a lot. If you do all this and exercise at least 3 times a week for about 30 minutes a day, you'll be a lot better off than following a fad diet that has serious side effects when you eliminate a food group from your diet.
but u know thats wat i have been doing but that exra fat around my tummy is killing me & i hate vision of my self in mirror. .have seen atkins working for some of my frds