Did you get everything you wanted at your baby shower?

Did you receive everything you wanted at your baby shower or did you have to do lots of shopping? What's the most useful gift you've ever received at your baby shower? When I was having my baby, we were new in town, so I didn't have lots of friends. Most of the people that I would have invited to my baby shower were three states away. So, we ended up buying most of the baby stuff ourselves. But, that was alright. I had lots of fun shopping for all those things myself. And, even though, we ended up spending way more money on baby stuff and necessities than we'd planned, everything worked out fine.
@3lilangels (4639)
well unfortunatley i was very lucky that for my baby shower i ended up with all the stuff that i needed and it was so great, but when i had my twins i didn't have a shower so i had to buy a few things.i would say the most useful item that i received was a crib for my first baby.then even though i didn't have a shower for the twins people we knew in the family bought us a few things so the most useful item for them was cribs and a double stroller.
Oh, wow! You got the good stuff! Definitely the cribs and double stroller were a big necessity, I can imagine. Those can be very expensive. Good to hear that things worked out for you.
@tlb0822 (1414)
I recieved a lot of nice gifts for my baby shower but i did not recieve all the things that we need. My family is not very close and not one of my fiance's relatives came. So we will probably end up buying the extra items or my mother will. This is my mothers fourth grandchild...my first child and she is just ecstatic. We have all the necessaties that we need and that will make do until we can get everything else.