How many times do you have to hear NO before you give up?

@dayzz25 (552)
Do you have any friends or family members that you are always invite to do something with you or other family members and they always say no or have something else already planned? If so how many times do you invite them after hearing the word "No"? It depends on how close I am with the person. If I'm real close to them then maybe I will ask them 4 or 5 times before I quit asking. If I'm not real close to them but care about them then I probably would only invite them a couple times then I would quit asking them. The girls in my family always invite my Uncles wife and she always has an excuse to not come with us or she says No. We just quit asking her to do things with us. Do you think that is rude or necessary?
@musicman6 (2370)
No, I don't think that would be rude at all! She may have legitimate excuses, but I would just quit asking! Who knows, maybe she just doesn't want to go! I wouldn't worry about it myself!
@nica269 (1399)
I think i'd try 3 or 4 times and if they continue to deny the invite, I just stop asking.