the end of the world = judgement day

@LittleMel (14055)
Just let me know your opinion of this. would you call the day the world ends as judgement day? is it yes or no and why? I somehow just can't call the end of the world as judgement day. I mean on that day some will survive (escape to some planet or something) and some will not. So if we call it judgement day, will it be judgement for the survivors or the deceased? What do you think?
I don't believe in a judgment day or the end of the world. We may harm our planet with pollution, bombs, etc.. But, for it to just end? I don't think so. I think that the idea of a "Judgment Day" is just a way for the church to put fear into people. The church has played a major rule in keeping "The End" and "The Judgment Day" theories alive. Sorry, I don't buy a God of Love being Judgmental, or ending a planet that is filled with habitates that he supposedly loves. Makes no sense to me.
@LittleMel (14055)
chrislotz says this too and yes you are right. but it is also in the Bible, the revelation isn't it?
I don't like to get into too much about religion. I have my doubts about the accuracy of the Bible. Yes, Revelations and other parts. Revelations was a dream book (he was having visions and dreams). Full of encryption and symbolism. Who interpreted the visions and dreams? How are we to know the accuracy of the interpretations. Anything written by a human and interpreted is subject to error. I believed the hype of the end times for most of my life. Then I started investigating the origins of the Bible and some of how it came to be. Logic and reasoning makes more sense to me than blindly following tradition.
@LittleMel (14055)
I see. I don't even think about that. maybe I should. you right, we can't follow blindly
@yanqiyao (146)
Anyway, it's the judgement day for the earth, at least. That was a new world for another planet, as u said some people will survive through escaping to another planet. But it depends on whether when that day came, if human had already effectly exploit another planet, and lots of people have already live there, u know it could be happen~ heheh.
@LittleMel (14055)
so do you think end of the world = judgement?
@yanqiyao (146)
I mean it's the judgement to the earth, but not to the human.
The world shall not end if we love this planet enough. And if there's a really judgment day, we would all fail and be in jail because the human race is collectively unable to protect the world. There's no paradise after judgment because we are judged coz of our huge failure.
@LittleMel (14055)
you see most people say that on judgement day we are judged and then sent to hell or heaven. now this is where I'm lost. if the day the world ends is judgement day, where is the hell and heaven that we will be sent after being judged? because if the new world is heaven, means the survivors are not sinners. but none of us are free from sins. see this is why I don't understand
@chrislotz (8203)
I am a christian and I don't believe in judgement day at all. God does not judge us, he loves us and accepts us for who we are. I also don't believe the world will end. I don't undertand why our and the new, generation think that the world will end. What does that really mean. The world is going to blow up, our planet will disintergrate. What? All the people on earth will die. It just won't exist anymore. Don't get it!!!
@LittleMel (14055)
you mean in your generation people never talk about that? I don't know that.
@polachicago (19073)
The end of planet Earth is not the end of the world. If some survived, there is no end.... Planet Earth can survive even if polar shift will happen..... Galaxies will continue to expand faster than speed of light and cosmic travelers are going to visit Earth again. Some of them are good, some are not. They fight over who will control planet Earth.... I can not talk about judgment….there is too much religion in it….
@LittleMel (14055)
yes I think it's based on religious books that people call it judgement day