Toilet to Tap

@speakeasy (4215)
With more and more areas facing droughts and water shortages and with people being unable or unwilling to conserve drinking water some governments are talking about (or already using) a method to reclaim waste water and make it safe to drink again. This is an expensive complex method which uses everything from reverse osmosis to ultraviolet radiaion to make sure that ALL contaminents are removed. Here is a link to a recent article: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/27/us/27conserve.html?th&emc=th So, what do you think about this? Would you be willing to trust this type of process in order to ensure a continued supply of drinking water OR would you be willing to cut back and use less water so that there will be enough drinkable water to go around?
@twoey68 (13662)
I understand the water shortages and agree that we do need to work on finding a solution but I really think I would have problems drinking anything that had been in my toilet or anyone else's...no matter how much they claimed it was clean. Maybe that's just me but... MERRY CHRISTMAS!! **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@speakeasy (4215)
But, unless you ONLY drink rain water; you are drinking toilet water everyday. The only difference is that "toilet water" is released into other bodies of water or into the ground and nature cleans it. The proposal here is for man to clean it and then release it back into the ground where nature would "refilter" the already clean water. (Only one place in Africa is putting it back directly into the taps after treating.) And, are you willing to take fewer, shorter showers; close water amusement parks; stop washing your car; etc.; so that this type of treatment is not needed?