How Do you Discipline Your Children?

@vmenard (895)
I have two boys, age 6-9. When they were yonger I used time out, but now I use the ticket system. I started them with 10 tickets a day, but that has gone down to 3 a day. When they do something wrong (bad) they get a ticket taken away. When they are out of tickets they get sent to their rooms. So far they have yet to run out of tickets, but there have been plenty of 1 ticket days.
@violeta_va (4834)
It looks like you only pay atention to the bad things. It would work better if you do both positive and negative. Build up instead of down. Few years ago we were still living with my parents. At one point my sister was renovaiting the house (well re building it) so the 4 of them (sister, husban and 2 kids) moved with my parents as well. So there was 11 of us. The boys were beeng boys but when you have 11 people living in 3 bed house its hard. So I got 2 stemps 1 red 1 green for big good things I put in a green stamp when they did something bad I put in a red stamp for every 2 red I would take 1 green off. They could collect the stamps untill they got enough to exchange them for something. Small amount of money, playing on the PC, a toy. It worked with them they kept saying thing like can I take the rubish out, can I do this and that.
@vmenard (895)
I pay attention to the good things, I guess I should have inluded that in the post. The boys get rewarded with allowance and books when thy are good.
@Impervious (1154)
A ticket system hmmm interesting. Perhaps I will try that. For the most part I have the dad advantage you know look over my glasses and silence falls. But there are times every now and again when they just need a bit of a seat warming. As grampa always said, " A little pressure applied to the seat of understanding, never killed anyone and hell,probly didem some dam good."