Memoirs of a Geisha

@angemac23 (2005)
I read the book, but have not seen the movie "Memoirs of a Geisha". Is it a good movie? Would you recommend someone to watch it?
I've both read the book, and watched the movie, and I found the movie OKAY, but, I mean, with a book that long, it's inevitable that they have to cut a lot of stuff out, and, in my opinion, it's a pretty long-winded movie, and yet they seem to have strayed a little too far from the original book. This is just my opinion, though, try it for yourself!
@brimia (6584)
I read the book first and loved it. The movie is almost never as good as the book it's based on but this film was very good. I recommend watching it.
@pinklilly (3446)
I've seen the movie and loved it but I havn't read the book... I would reccomend watching it... If you do let me know how it compared to the book though.... Books usually are more detailed and have a better story, so I hope it isn't a downfall...
@ashmin (175)
I liked the movie a lot. Some of the acting was a little sad, but the movie had beautiful scenery and the clothes were good. There was a lot of eye candy in the movie which makes it even more enjoyable. I liked it a lot and would recommend it to anyone whether your read the book or not. Its worth a try.
@poohgal (6848)
I have read the book and watched the movie. I think the book is better. They added some drama into the movie so there are actually some difference between the book and the movie. I think Gong Li acted really well. I would not say the same for Zhang Zi Yi. I have been never impressed by Zhang's acting.
@kareng (7980)
I have seen the movie and enjoyed it very much. However, from my experience, the book is always better than the movie! If you see the movie, I would be interested to hear which one you liked best!
@lightningMD (5932)
I haven't watched the movie yet either. I hear it is very good though.