I am tryiing to type without looking.

I have been trying to learn to do this so long now. I need to be able to type if I want to go back to work. I can boogie now being on mylot so long. However I can't do it without looking. I have tried and done well with it. However it slows me to a crawling pace. It's some sort of fear I have. My sister types like a speed racer and failed 2 typing tests for a raise. Finally she got it and bam. $ grand a year raise. help I need somebody.. Help.
@chrislotz (8203)
I used to be like you and have to look at the keys to type good. Now that I am typing a lot in mylot I find I am not looking as much at the keys and more at the screen. But sometimes I still look at the keys. I find, also, that typing looking at the screen I make a few more mistakes than when looking at the keys. So I have to go back and correct the letter I typed wrong. So I think it probably takes me just as long to type correctly as it would if I look at the keys. But on the other hand, looking at the screen I see the type error right away and then I don't have to proof read my typing before I hit the post response key.
Hi, like you, I too look down at my fingers. I picked this habit up in HS and never got rid of it. I have been doing it for so long until now i am striking a key before I know it when I am typing something that interest me. I know where the keys are but it's just that habit of insecurity I picked up long ago. I purchased mavis beacon last year and downloaded it to my computer. For some reason I can't get it on. Every day I get this message that I requested when I ran the program. It always say around 10:00 at night- it is time for your typing lesson. But the lesson do not appear. If anyone know what is happening, please help. It also say it is time to take a break. I don't get it. But like someone else said it is a great program with typing games and more for all levels of school. Depending where you need to start. I say invest, I got mines at circuit city for $5 last fall. Good luck to us both
Our typing speed really depends on how long you've been typing. If you're typing since before, then there is a chance that you will get used to in typing without looking in the keyboard. Personally, I mastered the keyboard when I start working already. I used to type always at work, so maybe that's an advantage on my part.:-)
@candytang (341)
To type without looking ?Did you mean the keyboard?I can remember when I was in the school ,my computer teacher told to type without looking not only the keyboard ,but the moniter.He told us only to look the information which we want to key in . But ,we only chat or do other things,I am not looking the keyboard at all.I think to do this ,we should be familiar with our keyboards and take more practise .
Mavis Beacon is all I should have to say. =). I can type 68 WPM. I have been able to do this since I was about 10 years old. I do it all without looking. I have been doing this program for years now. There are games and all on it and it shows how fast you type as you go, so it kinda motivates you. I use it for fun now because I get to have fun with it. 9.99 at wal mart i think. Or if you use limewire, you can get it for free on there. Hope this helps.
@jeanbug23 (567)
I got used to typing a little bit faster than usual when I used the method I read in downloadjunction.com. There are many freewares for typing speed there. You may download other softwares but the others are free. The Kiran Typing Tutor helps a lot.
lol... even me i like to type here in the computer without looking the keyboard, but i cant do it without looking.And it is too hard for me even i try it again and again even many times ill try i still cant do it.
I first learned how to type when I was about ten years old. My father bought me one of those typewriters which can be connected to the television. It was kinda like an old computer. I practiced typing using the program it offered. It was actually a pic of the keyboard on the screen and I had to press the right one it demanded. I learned in that way. So when I finally had access to computers after I entered high school, I know how to type correctly without looking at the keyboard to situate my fingers. It is not too hard if you keep practicing. Good luck!
@Polly1 (12649)
I learned in highschool how to type without looking. I was even a secretary for awhile. I still look some at the keyboard, and I can type fast, not as fast as I used to but fast enough for me. There are typing test that you can take online, just type it in and find some, and then practice, good luck.
@villageanne (8554)
I was fortunate enough to have typing in high school. That was back before computers were the rage. I can type very good and very fast. Once you start looking at the keys, it is hard to quit though. Have you tried putting a book on your right hand side and typing from the pages onto your word. Do not look at the keyboard. Even if you make a mistake, do not look. Also It is easy to know where to place your fingers on the keyboard without looking. The F key is where your pointing finger should be and it has a small ridge on it so you can feel it. The J key is the same way so just feel for those two keys and you are good to go.
@Lightlord (379)
• Greece
Well... I never really concentrate much on how I type. I can now notice that I do type without looking and I guess you can learn by practising. I am online most of the time at home and usually on IM chatting with friends which is a great way to learn to type fast. You can sometimes make a mistake but not much really if you practise good. Let us know if you make it...