man and woman: just friends?

is it possible for men and women to be just friends without being romantic?
@lilaclady (28240)
I think a man and a woman can be friends only if there is no attraction at all from either party, once there is any attraction at all, this is on a destructive coarse...
hello lilaclady! what if both man and woman deny the attraction and just stick on saying "we are just friends" even though their partners expressed that they are not happy with the situation especially when the man and woman who are just friends spend a lot of time together and go out together.....
@lilaclady (28240)
Well let me say this, you must think of your partners feelings too... regardless of whether you are just friends or not, I think maybe you should put your partners shoes on, how would you honestly feel if your partner was going out with a girl and spending a lot of time with her...
i agree with you lilaclady. the best thing to do is to be "sensitive with your partner's feelings"
@wiccania (3360)
Absolutely. One of my very best friends is a man. I'm also friends with his wife, who's also great. I was a witness when they got married. We can talk to each other about anything. There are no romantic feelings between us, we're just friends and it's really awesome.
i can say that you have a wonderful friendship with your friend wiccania. keept it up! but in a case that the partner is not happy with the situation especially when the man and woman who are just friends spend a lot of time together and go out together and the fact that the partner & the friend are not friends and were not introduced to each other. how would you feel? how would you react?
@wiccania (3360)
I think that a couple having separate friends is ok, even if those friends are different genders. I also think that it's perfectly fine for those friends to go out and do things without the partner, as long as they're not sneaky about it. I've hung out w/ just my friend and not his wife many times. As long as she knows about it, there's nothing wrong with it.
@kurtbiewald (2628)
yeah, probly