question need advice

ok dont think me and my family are nasty or gross but have any of u had to deal with headlice what is bset way to get rid of it thank you like i said we are not nasty just get around wrong people
Here is a home remedy. I use to work for a Head Start program and it was a common problem. You can use olive oil all over the scalp and hair. Then cover the head with a shower cap. It suffocates the lice. You must wash all the clothing, sheets, pillow and covers and use a dryer. That kills all the lice and eggs. Be sure to wash all the outerwear as well (coats, sweters, sweatshirts). All the brushes and combs must also be washed and dry with a blow dryer. Whatever can't be washed, such as sofa cushions, can be put in bags and tied tightly for 36 hours (I believe it was). That should suffocate the lice. Good luck! To get rid of the greasy olive oil in the hair: you can use regular soap to wash the hair and then rinse. Next, follow with your usual shampoo and conditioner.
@MySpot (2602)
Very helpful advice. Another variation of olive oil is mayo or baby oil, use a new jar of mayo so it's room temperature and cover like you would for oil. Dawn dish soap washes the oil out of your hair too. They sell sprays for carpeting and furniture that may have different active ingredients than the nix hair wash.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
It is not a sin to get head lice! You can catch it from anyone anywhere. sitting on a bus,walking down the street yeah they can leap! and all kinds of other ways..being around people you know even. Well, most go to the doctors and get medicated shampoo that kills it but in the past when the kids brung home lice... we have used dog shampoo,mayonaise,vaseline,kerosene that kills them but you need to be careful with that..stinks to high heavens too..I would just call the doctor explain it pick up the shampoo from the pharmacy...but as i said no sin to get them...they are everywhere, more then people know it.
we cant use what the doctor gives us i cant breathe when i use it i think im allergic to it
@MrsAdvice (623)
FYI - Lice cannot attach to DIRTY hair, the oils won't allow it, so it is people with CLEAN hair who get lice! If there is an outbreak in your child's school, don't wash your kid's hair for awhle, in fact, spray it with oil sheen to help protect them. If they get it, here is my removal advice: My daughter had them so bad once that we could not get rid of them no matter what, so I bought some hair dye, close to her natural color, and I dyed her hair. It killed all the lice! If you dye it, you still want to get the nits out, even though I think the dye kills the nits, the school won't let them back until they are gone. The dying can make it easier to spot the nits, however! Some white vinegar can make the nits slide off the hair easier too. Good Luck!
@sellj75 (208)
It's not a sign of being nasty if you get it, as long as you are getting rid of it:) People get it from being around someone with it, and kids are very apt to get it, as they want to share everything. The best way is to get a lice killing shampoo, and make sure you pick out all the eggs. I had a friend who got a new foster daughter with long hair, who had it very bad. It took about 9 hours of pulling out eggs, but they finally got rid of it. Make sure you recheck after a week or so to be sure you didn't miss any and they hatch. If you don't get the eggs, then you won't get rid of them.
lots of children get it from school. try Nix
cut all your hair
@code_11 (902)
• Nigeria
my dear head lice have always been part of most pesons or family. however i think u should visit this web site http://www-headlice.com/?gclid=COKS9YmkpogCFQX-Zgods3WcLw
@uzaircs (2320)
• Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
sorry sir i have no advice
i did not no sir