Have you ever had to get stitches?

I sure hope I never have to get them. My daughter got them in her head and It caused me some pain. How has this horrible accident happened to you? She was walking up some stairs of a school. The fire box was open and she was running and not looking. Oh the blood and horror of the screams.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Oh yeah, many times and probably too many time to tell every story, so I will just tell the first and worst one. I can't remember the exact age, but somewhere between 7 & 10 years old. My sister babysat for my friend who lived just a few houses away, so we both went over, me to see my friend and she went either to get paid or to make arrangements for the babysitting job. Our front door at home was a storm door with three panes of glass and opened out. When we were left my friends house, one of us challenged the other to a race home. she just beat me by seconds and as I was reaching for the door to open it, she opened it and I ran right into the glass, putting my arm through it. Blood was everywhere and I have never seen that much blood in my life and I freaked out bad. I kept screaming at the top of my lungs, "AM I GOING TO DIE". We lived about 30-40 minutes from the nearest hospital and after about 5-10 minutes of me screaming, my Dad had to flag down a police car because it unnerved him to drive while I was so freaked out. Then when we got to the hospital, the doctor was not at all considerate of a child who was very scared. Though they did numb my arm to put in stitches, I wouldn't hold still, so he went ahead and stitched me up and so I have a 1 1/2 inch scar that is badly stitched and looks worse than it really was... If they had a Children's hospital back then, I think my arm wouldn't be so scarred up, because they specialize in calming children down, but that wasn't available then..:(
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Six babies and numerous clutzy accidents and still no stitches anywhere. My ex-hubby sliced his palm open and I watched while he got stitched up. After watching blood spurting out of his hand with every heartbeat the stitches were no big deal. I also helped him take them out when he decided to be stubborn and not take a day off work to have the doctor remove them. I guess I just have a high tolorance for gross medical stuff LOL
@reinydawn (11649)
I've only had stitches from an accident once. I was cutting some cardboard boxes and the blade slipped and cut my palm. 3 stitches and I now have an extra line on my hand!!! That was over 20 years ago. My son got stitches all the time though.
@imadriscoll (2230)
I've had three c-sections and am going to have another in about 3 months. I also had my gall bladder removed. So I've had more stitches then I could ever count. Luckily they've been the kind that just disolve and so I've never had to go in to get them removed. I've never had "unplanned" stitches from an accident or injury, praise God! I think I'd have to be knocked out if I ever had to get stitches outside of surgery!
@megumiart (3781)
I've had some nasty scrapes and cuts before, but i have never had stitches before.
@Polly1 (12649)
I got stiches after having a baby. I also got stiches after surgery but I was knocked out. The stiches hurt when they came out. I am sorry to hear about your daughter, it must have been so scary for both of you.
It has been 22 years since I got stitches in my hand and 36 years since stitches were sewn into a slice above my eyebrow below my front hairline. Both were scary, painful, me ending up being the biggest baby afraid of needles or doctors ! The hairline slice was caused by a brand new pair of patent leather shoes, slippery stage wood floor, a show-off attitude and misguided control of speed and direction not avoiding a piano pedal very well . . . slammed right into it and blood. I was five, mom was a few feet away at this church function/ bake sale and in a matter of moments she was carrying me to the car holding a towel to my head and whispering its going to be ok. It was and I thank mom for holding my hand through the whole thing and that was 36 years ago, she still can hold my hand today when I really need her to and thats a very good thing about ever getting stitches ! P.S. I don't recommend sliding across the floor in new shoes being 'prima donna' to get a hand-holding from mom, there are safer ways ! sharing the light and happy holidays, Miss Erica Hidvegi, the Enlightenment_Advisor, B.A. Psych/M.A. Transpersonal Studies- Cnslng/Author, Artist, Photographer, Entrepreneur & Freelance extraordinaire www.enlightenment-psych.net
@JashleyB (1441)
My brother has had stitches and it looked painful. I have hurt myself multiple times and I know now I probably should have gotten stitches now that I look at how bad the scars are.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I had stitches one in my face right below my lip. My son was 2 or 3 at the time and i had reached in the car to grab something out, when i backed out I turned my head and the wind caught the door. I got hit really hard with the corner of the car door, busted my face open. I didn't realize how bad it was, until my son looked at freaked out. I ended up getting 5 stitches. Thankfully I didn't get a scar that lasted.
@pinay81 (1538)
yeap i got one in my left eyebrow when i was a kid im playing under the stair of my grandmother house when i go under the stair i dont bend my back too much i bump my self to the sharp end of the stairs and cut my eyebrow i remember i was crying and fell down w/ blood flow in my face and when i wake im already in the house and i have bandage in my head and i have also in my leg 3 stitches because of dog bites also happen when i was a kid:-&