How do you tell a friend that you had enough

I just received a call (at 7 am waking up everyone in the house) from a friend. She called me crying her heart out claiming she is going to go kill herself or divorce her no good hubby. My gosh she has at least one fight a month and I am the unlucky one who gets to hear it first. Mind you these are very little fights. This time it was about him forgetting to take out the trash. My gosh if I want to divorce my hubby because he forgot to take out the trash I would be single all my life. If you pay me a penny for each time my hubby for about the trash I be a millionair by now. Gosh how do I tell her to stop picking me to be the first to hear about her stories...what would you do?
@makatas (1101)
• Greece
i think if you try once to explain her the problem, but keeping a high tone if possible, she will stop doing it.I dont know if you want to stop her from being your friend, or you just wanna make her stop whining about these to you, but you need a sincere discussion on the matter. if she is valuable to you, you shouldnt lose her, but that doesnt mean you should have your nerves stretched anytime she calls and wakes you up.
Yeah I am going to have a heart to heart with her. These little fights should not be dramatize into something huge. And I am off duty from 9pm to 10 am in the morning. Make office hours for her hahaha. Thank you for your response...
@xreesex (117)
I am a totally honest person, and so I would just tell her the truth. "I am tired of being your go to person, especially since it seems you have the same stupid argument all the time. I have my own problems, and right now I just can't deal with your petty ones. I'm sorry you're upset, but this is not for me to hear"
That is true, but she is very emotional. Gosh every little thing you say can trigger her to cry and I hate to hear people cry. You know it's contageous. Like when someone starts laughing and you find yourself doing it. Well, it's about the same when it comes to crying....Thanks for your response...
@wisedragon (2330)
I don't feel sorry for you. I feel sorry for the poor husband who is on the verge of being divorced for small things like forgetting about the trash. She must be such a perfectionist. Maybe you can tell her that. Remind her that she herself is not perfect and therefore must not demand that her husband be perfect. Sheesh. If I had a wife like that I would just allow her to kill herself!
Oh my, I wouldn't go so far as letting someone kill themselves. Gosh, I know she is crazy but like you said no one is perfect. She is not so therefore she makes mistakes and yes she is spoiled and yes she needs to be taught a lesson but no need to say let her die. Her hubby and her are truly in love but they have not work out the bugs and if he loves her to take this crap then it's his thing but if he can't just divorce her. Thanks for your comment...
@MisterPlus (1917)
That is one tough role you're playing for your friend. It is hard sometimes to be a psychologist friend to a friend. Your friend needs you and it is wise for you to tell your friend that she is wrong. You can say that to her if you feel like it. Anyway, she is your friend and she will understand you if you will explain all to her about the trash.
Yeah, I pointed out to her how it's very normal for people to forget things. And for taking out the trash man even my hubby forgets to do it. My own father forgets to do it. And what happens when they forget well we do it ourselves. No fuss no trouble. Just pick up the bag take it out dump it into the can roll the can out to the corner for trash day. Simple but hard for some people...Thanks for your comment....
How well i understand your frustration and irritation ! I had a friend like that. She was so overbearing she would think I was accountable for every minute of my life to her. She has called me at 12 in the night and 6 in the morning, not for any grave reason, simply to crib about her personal life. I wasn't against being there for her, but couldn't she wait for a decent hour to tell me? She would call me again and again and again if I didn't pick up the phone and demand a reason why I didn't respond to her off line messages the instant i signed in into the computer..phew...it was a tough call, but slowly I had to limit my relationship with her as it was taking a toll on my family life, I have a small baby which needs my attention constantly and i just couldn't stand up to her demanding nature. I suggest you try and limit your involvement, your friend will get the hint sooner or later.
Yeah you know exactly what I am saying here and you totally relate. See that is what I am saying, couldn't she wait till a decent time to call me gosh. Yeah and it is taking a toll on my life as well as my family. I have a 9 month old too so I hear you on that too. I try to limit myself but I feel bad when I hear her crying. I don't know but when someone crys it kind of tugs at my heart. You know we woman are sensitive/emotional beings. I try not responding to her calls but then she just keeps calling every five minute to bug the heck out of you till you do answer her.....
@Ohara_1983 (4120)
• Kuwait
My goodness cartoon4umaniac, your not so lucky to her that from your friend, just till her to stop to her stupid life, thats friend have no any idea what is married life means maybe she think that she make her hubby as a houseboy only not for family.Lol
-LOL- yeah maybe huh. I don't want to be mean to her but gosh I need my sleep and so do my family members. She is like a child. Don't want to grow up and a woman. Being married you have to be mature and being a parent you have to be responsible and mature....