What name do you call your God with? Why?

@LittleMel (14051)
Ok you may not even call it God, but whoever it is that you pray to, or at least you think has all the power and answers to all your problems. Anyway don't turn this into a religion debate, I just came across a friend's topic about praying and I became curious about it. Some people call it the Creator, and some call it Yahweh. My husband calls it Winning Lottery ticket, then those who are fascinated with UFO call it the Head of Supreme Alien race, yet to visit us again. What about you? What name do you call your God with? what's the story behind this name?
@niranjans87 (1078)
Well i call god "God" as simple as that.nothing else.never thought of giving a different name.hmmm....maybe i should call God by someother name from now on...
@LittleMel (14051)
OK. I'm just wondering because some people do give another name.
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
We all have a personal name, so why not God? I call him Jehovah or Yaweh,and you will find it in Psalms 83:18 in most Bibles, although it has been removed from some, and replaced with "Lord". The oldest Hebrew manuscripts present the name in the form of four consonants, YHWH or YHVH (Hebrews didn't use vowels at that time), so for easy pronunciation, the vowels have been added. I think it makes Him more personal to us, using His name; we give names to our pets for the same reason.
@LittleMel (14051)
yes I remember this in Sunday School, the name is in the Bible.
@twoey68 (13651)
Jesus or Lord. That's what I was raised to call Him and so that's what I use. I don't think I could ever call Him by anything thing else. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@LittleMel (14051)
Ok so you will be celebrating His birthday this December