who, and how much do you tip

@lynn3024 (198)
I work at tim hortons and i realize that tips are a very big part of a persons income. How many of you out there tip for your service? if you do tip how do you decide how much? What are your reasons for not tipping?
@omupas (1243)
Any time I go to a full service restaurant or I go out to a bar, etc. I always leave a tip. I always tip at least 20% unless I have horrible service. Even if the service is terrible I still tip no less than 15%. Like you said, tips are a very big part of a persons income, I understand that, and even if I have a bad experience, I believe that everyone is entitled to having a bad day. While I still tip, I may not go back to that particular restaurant due to my experience. If I'm at a bar ordering drinks, if I'm not running a tab, and I'm paying cash for each drink, I always tip a dollar for every drink.
@lynn3024 (198)
Thank you for your anwser. I also believe in tipping at least 15% of your order. The only time I do not tip is if the persons waiting on me is very rude.Other then that if something goes wrong, such at getting the wrong order or not getting all of your order, everyones entitled to make mistakes.
@bagumbayan (2707)
Tippng is good for the recepient, but nowadays very few gives on tips. But the rule is, if, say in a restaurant you eat, if the bill includes service fee you dont have to give tips. For a job well done, a small tip will suffice. I like hotels and restaurant with no tippingss allowed on their notices, at least they are informing you.
@breepeace (3027)
I don't normally tip at Tim Hortons (or McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Subway, Arby's, any fast food place, etc). Usually I'm standing in line for 10-15 minutes and then I grab my drink and go and I don't believe that merits a tip. No one had to do anything except ring in my order, take my money and hand me a drink. I used to work food service waiting and bussing tables and bartending for a stint, and for that I would expect a tip because I'd often have to make obscure cocktails or be running back and forth to get something extra for the patrons, plus clearing the table and all the other little extras. Some customers would run you off your feet. I worked retail and I would never have expected a tip for helping a customer and ringing in their purchases -- this is why I get paid a wage. In a real restaurant I would tip at least 15% if it were good service, but I've been known to not leave a tip if the server was impolite or unpleasant.