First Snowfall

@Pose123 (21671)
We have just had our first snowfall of the season, and what a storm it has been! Many areas have lost electricity, some are in their third day without heat. In the town where I live, we lost it for some 15 hours, which really wasn't that bad. We also had winds up to 100 km per hour, which must have made it very difficult for those working to restore power. I believe it's one of the worse storms I've seen in several years. I'm really not looking forward to winter this year. Blessings.
@megumiart (3782)
Wow. I'm glad I don't have weather like that where i live...yet. I don't like snow or cold weather either.
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi megumiart, Things are back to normal now, just hoping we don't have another storm soon. Thanks for commenting. Blessings.
We've got about 2 inches so far. Friggin' figures. I have a meeting and an interview in the morning then have to go back into Marion again late in the afternoon for another appointment. Oh well, as long as we don't get buried in 4-5 foot drifts again this winter, I'm going to try not to complain a whole lot about anything other than being cold, lol. I can't help it that being cold is painful for me & I can't help whining about it! hahahaha Blessings backatcha, Pose.
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi visitorinvasion, You're right, there's no point in complaining, but I agree being colsd is no fun either. Blessings.
@williamjisir (22909)
Hello dear pose. So this first snowfall has brought you inconvenience in life and work. It must be a very horrible strong wind that would cause much damage in the place. Right now we have not had any snowfall yet. The weather is still ok, sometimes fine, sometimes cloudy and rainy, but on the whole I am happy for the not-so-cold weather that we are having for the time being. Stay warm and take care, dear pose.
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi williamjisir, The first snowfall of the season will certainly be one to remember, but many people fared worse than me. It's good that your weather is still okay. I hope it stays that way. Blessings.
@Mirita (2668)
Well, snow can be beautiful ,but everything in extreme is bad. Wow! winds of 100 km per hour must be terrible. I can see why you are not looking forward to winter.
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi Mirita, The storm is over now, but it was a bad one. I was fortunate in that I was only without electricity for hours. Some people have had to wait for up to four days. Everything should be back to normal within the next few hours. Blessings.
@alamode (3073)
We had weather that was very similar on Saturday... we were at a party about 30 miles away when the horizontal snow started. It was impossible to see where we were going, so we waited it out. Luckily the ground was so frozen and the snow so dry that it blew right off the roads and we got home easily. On the other hand, Monday we were hit by the 'Pineapple Express', with temperatures in the 50's and huge amounts of rain. All the lowlands are flooded... luckily, we live in the foothills. We also have access to town on an elevated freeway, so personally we're all right. The farmers in the lowlands are used to this, but its frightening to see water half-way up the buildings!
@Pose123 (21671)
HI alamode, Weather conditions have improved here now, and everyone should have electricity restored within the next few hours. I was fortunate, for some people it's been four days. Blessings.
@xboxboy (5588)
i hope you keep warm and see the beauty of the storms rather than the bad. good luck.
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi xboxboy, Thank you for the thought. I will try. Blessings.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Pose123! Oh, that is terrible! Although I really wanted to experience Christmas winter, I don't think I would want to have a snow storm. Looks like it is really pretty scary to me. I hope you will be safe and hoping that will be the last snow storm this year. Take care and be safe. have a nice day! :)
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi faith, the weather has improved and things are getting back to normal where I live. There are areas that still don't have electricity,(it's been four days for some people), but it should be restored everywhere within the next few hours. Blessings.