Are you disappointed with postal service in your country?

@LittleMel (14055)
Twice (that I know of) the mails were delivered to the wrong address although the address and postal code is correct (one of these mails is a tax return form). The recipient told us that he has been receiving our mails (this means more than twice) and that this is not his job. In other words this is more than twice that he received our mails by mistake and he is not obligated to deliver it or tell us about it. Of course, it isn't his job unless he works for Canada Post, he was just being nice – when he wanted to be nice. So he said he filed a complaint and I filed it too last year. Then my mother in law told me she sent gifts for me in summer (I don't even remember last year or this year) that never got to us, nor returned to her. If custom does have a problem with it, Canada Post staff told me that this mail will be returned to sender and yet she never got it back. The last time was just today I was expecting a letter from the government and they told me they sent it last month. They have both address and postal code correct, so they asked me if I ever had problems with Canada Post and I told them yes. They said they will send it again but I know there is no guarantee I will receive it. All the four times are what I know of. I didn't keep my complaint # from last year and the person who received my mails might have moved now. Who knows how many more mails he just threw away to the garbage. I can’t blame him, it isn’t his job to deliver them. I don’t even know if he is the only one getting our mails by mistake? I spoke with Canada Post staff today, and I made sure she understands it was 4 times that I know of (because anyone else who received our mails may not bother telling us) and she said she couldn't find my complaint file last year. Well if they could misdeliver my mails, who knows what they did to my complaint file? I'm very disappointed. I hope none of you ever had the same experience with your postal service. From now on if anyone ever asked me whether I received mails from them or not, I will mention all these previous problems to them. Just so they know the mistake is not at my end, or anyone else who happened to receive our mails by mistake and not obligated to tell us about it. It’s risky because now I have a home business, I will have to advise my suppliers and customers to use registered mail or else there I won’t get it.
@makatas (1101)
• Greece
Yes.They charge us much money but service is bad.They are always late,even the bills, so we have to go pay them in rush cause they already are late when they reach us.Packages cost so much not many can afford them easily. And sometimes packages reach us in bad condition.The insurances dont work well either.So, i am very disappointed with them.
@LittleMel (14055)
I never have problems with delivery insurance but I won't be surprised if they will find any excuse possible not to pay
@lols189 (4797)
thats bad that. i would go crazy if my mail went missing especially if it is personal and other people could be reading it. i have never had this problem before with Royal Mail the UK's main postal company and hell yeah i am glad. i hope you get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible and they give you an apology
@LittleMel (14055)
you're so lucky never have problems with royal mail
@squaretile (3833)
oh dear. that sounds terrible. i am happy with the service offered in my country. when there is registered mail sent to my home but no one is home to sign for it, they leave a slip, and i can call up or go through the internet to route the registered mail to any post office that is convenient for me. that really helps and it gets transferred in 2 working days.
@LittleMel (14055)
registered mail or courier delivery I never have a problem with it. even if I don't have to sign for it, I always receive the mail or package
@polachicago (19073)
Mail system in every country is same bad..maybe because of federal workers, they don't care, they are slow, lazy and mean....ask people in any country and they will say the same...
@LittleMel (14055)
which is bad, since they work for the govt and govt sent me mails twice delivered to different address. I just spoke with a govt staff this afternoon and she confirmed the address I gave her was correct and she could swear she sent it.
I live in the United States and I have had many times where my mails is not received or I get other peoples mail. Sometimes its just the neighbors mail but sometimes its from someone a town away from me. I could see possibly accidently putting it in the wrong mailbox of a neighbors but how do you mix up something that the name and address are completely different. If I am getting other peoples mail and returning it to them I wont who is getting my mail and not returning it. Sometimes people get important documents and private items they dont want people to see. Accidents happen but it still bugs me.
@LittleMel (14055)
I agree with you completely. this is why when the staff told me it wasn't intentional I have a hard time believing her although of course I don't know otherwise. Not only receiving mails, we also had problems sending payments that would either arrive months later, or not at all. the address is on the bill itself so we don't have to write down anything I don't know why they can't read it
I am quite satisfied with the postal service of my country. Of the few govt. run organizations that actually work, the Indian Postal Service is one of them. it has a host of user-friendly services, starting from speedpost which is as fast as a private courier with half the cost to the incredibly cheap inland postcards. You cant imagine how incomplete some people write their addresses and in some of the remotest areas of the country, yet these get delivered, maybe a little late but delivered definitely. I have of course stopped used the postal service for quite a long time for letter and such, but for gifts and parcels, the Postal Dept remains my safest and cheapest bet.
@LittleMel (14055)
you know nothing much we can do with delivery speed. but the least you get the mail delivered to the address on the envelope or parcel
@subha12 (18453)
yes i am very much disappointed with the mail services in my country.ost of the time they are very late. Again most of the time they are not at all deliveered. i have experienced this with my debit card PIN number. I requested for the card. the card arrived in speed post taht tooa fter 1 week after much persuation with the post master and the pin never arrived me!
@LittleMel (14055)
in my homeland there was a time I didn't get my parcel from abroad too. I went to the postal office and asked them, the guy looked afraid, since then I always got my parcel from abroad. they're only letters from family or from the government about immigration, I don't know why I had to go down there to get them at first and not afterwards?
I dont know ...never had any error from the postal service in India... anyway i think they are working pretty well... Regards Harry
@LittleMel (14055)
you're so lucky, never had problems,
@wisedragon (2330)
We haven't experienced that kind of problem here. Our problem here is that valuable stuff like cash or cheques get stolen, and so we can't send stuff like that via ordinary mail. We have to send it via special courier, which is much more expensive.
@LittleMel (14055)
so even with registered mail you still lose it? I don't know that. we pay our bills by mail, twice the companies never got them, once it arrived months later, and another one they got it but they didn't cash it - another weird thing people do
@fanji008 (782)
Hi,there! I'm sometimes also disappointed with the postal service in my country.In many cases,it's not that fast and costs much money:( I remember once I post a letter back home,but my mum didn't get it.I was waiting and waiting,but still got the news that my mum didn't get anything.I was so disappointed at that time.Then I turn to other expressed companies.They post things fast though charge a little bit high.I just like the service:) I guess the postal problem exists in many countries.Last time my foreign friend post sth to me for Christmas,but I never did get it.I was upset about that. I just wish the postal service in all countries could improve. Thanks for the discussion and have a nice day^_^
@LittleMel (14055)
my mom in my homeland got my letter in 3 weeks or a month. sometimes 2 weeks. but when she sends it here it's always a month. I wonder why.
@lisado (1230)
In the USA overall, no. It is getting more and more expensive, but I seldom have much trouble with the mail in general. My particular mailperson that we have now, however, is a different story. We can't seem to keep one carrier, so whoever has the time (subs and such) does our route. We often get our neighbors mail, which is irritating. The boxes are the metal cluster boxes, so we either have to put them back in the outgoing mail slot and hope they get their mail or walk their mail to them. Our cluster has roughly 60 boxes, so the neighbor isn't always close. Also, we never know when our mail will be delivered or picked up when we are putting stuff out to be mailed. Sometimes it's as early as 10am, but they have gone by as late as 7pm, and that wasn't even during the holiday season. One thing that really bugs me about the mail, though, is that when someone ships me a box using regular mail the mailperson just drops the box on my doorstep and leaves. They don't knock or anything! 95% of the time I'm home, so there is no excuse! My car is in the driveway! The other day I had just come home to grab a few things, so I left the front door open, just the screen door was closed. My keys were still in the lock, for Pete's sake! My 20 month old was running up and down the hallway waiting to leave again, so it was glaringly obvious that someone was home. Did they knock? Nope. Dropped the boxes and left. I almost couldn't get out because they dropped them right in front of the stupid door. Luckily they were light enough for me to push them out of the way. I would have said something to them about it, but they had already gotten in their truck and left before I got out there. UGH!
@LittleMel (14055)
yes they did the same here too. just dropped it. that's why I always check every now and then. but at least you got yours delivered to you
@pyewacket (44036)
Oh yes I've had problems with our mail service. One time, and this was when my mother was still alive, and receiving her pension and Social Security checks by mail, one of our mutual friends down the block called me. She said she was rummaging and getting her mail one day, and noticed the pile of envelopes left in a pile near the mailboxes. Normally she didn't look at the pile..there was always one of letters, etc of "mis-routed" mail. Well this time she did, and among them was an envelope to my mother-- it was my mother' Social Security check!! So thank goodness our friend saw that! Then if it hadn't been for some kind of foul up with the mail, I may never have gone through what I did back in May, when on April 28th I had gotten a letter from Social Security to inform me that my benefits were to be terminated....like WTF??? When I got a hold of SS, I was informed they had sent me some forms to fill out to determine my continuing eligibility of my benefits...Oh? Never got them! So because they never got forms filled out by me and sent back, they "assumed" I no longer needed my benefits and that is why my benefits were terminated...oh? At the time I had only $5.71 to my name!
@LittleMel (14055)
see Pye, this is what I'm worried about. for some reason, govt never uses emails. they can reduce papers, postage stamps and all these delays if only they do it online. noth tax forms and tax information from the govt that were sent to me, went to a different address. I'm lucky the recipient delivered them to me, but if he doesn't feel like it then he could just throw it away and never tell me, or even read the information. and then when it comes to refund etc, it may happen like in your case. this is so bad, maybe you should write to your MP about that. It's personal information, dangerous if delivered to the wrong hands
@scribe1 (1207)
Kind of disappointed. Postage for a simple letter or postcard costs way too much in the good old USA. Plus, the mailman takes his sweet time by chatting with nearly everyone on his route. Half the time, he doesn't deliver mail on my block til way past 1 pm. The previous mailman used to get here by 12:30 pm the latest and I thought that he was pokey, LOL.
@LittleMel (14055)
but did your mails get delivered to wrong address? if not then I guess you're still luckier than I.
@megumiart (3781)
I'm not very pleased with the U.S. postal system. It's very slow, especially with pacakges.
@LittleMel (14055)
actually there was a time I was going to buy something from the US. when they find out I live in Canada, they told me they can't guarantee the items get there on time since they know how slow Canada Post is. I was going to tell them that slowness is one thing, misdelivery is another. But I thought never mind.
@chrislotz (8203)
The only complaint I have with the postal system in my country is, it is very slow. When you live in the same city and it takes a week, from when it is mailed, for a person to receive their mail that is way too long. Or if from another province it has taken me a month to recieve it. My daughter sent me a bill that I received in the mail when I used to live in that city, now in another, it took me a month to get it. Meanwhile I had to pay late charges on it because of the slowness. Also I have put in a change of address card with the post office and had to pay for the services and still not get my mail from the old address. I was expecting my driver's license picture to be sent in the mail to me, and after not getting it for about a month later than I should have, I phoned the motor vehicle branch and they said it was returned to them saying no longer living at this address. I picked it up and took it to the post office and asked why it wasn't forwarded to me and they said sorry, our mistake. Well what did I pay for this service for then.
@LittleMel (14055)
Exactly. the staff told me that I should pay attention to whatever it is I'm expecting to receive on a regular basis like bills so that I would know if I receive it or not. I said no. Just because someone doesn't do a good job doesn't mean we at the receiving end have to sort that out. if I don't receive it then I won't pay the bills, it's none of my business why it doesn't get to us if the address and postal code is correct. before reminding me my responsibility, they supposed to remember theirs.