What if Everyone on Mylot Agreed to Do Something Nice

@vmenard (895)
What if everyone on my lot agreed to donate $1, one piece of clothing, or one food item to a charity? What a wonderful jester for this time of year. I donated $1 to the Special Olympics yesterday.
Gesture. And I've already done that. I have donated to the Alley Cat Allies, HSPCA, Humane Society, a rescue org that does work with injured or maimed horses and rehabs them to be ridden again and a few other animal-related charities. As you can tell, I'm big on animal rights. Too many animals are abused or neglected and as a result, the perps who did it are never brought to justice or if they are, given a slap on the hand and told in a stern voice to never do it again. The penalties and punishments for animal abuse are sickening. You can light a dog on fire or throw a cat in front of a moving train and face up to 20 days in jail and a $500 fine in most cases. Yet if you did that to a person, it's murder. Why is an animal's life any less valued than a human?
@vmenard (895)
Thanks for catching the type O. I agree with you that animals don't have enough rights, and it's sad how some are treated. There should be more people like you.
@kurtbiewald (2628)
I gave a can of corn to a man who had 4 shopping carts filled with bottles I asked if he was hungry, he already had a meal from somebody, I gave him corn anyway