Does Anyone Observe or Talk About Pearl Harbor Day?

@vmenard (895)
During my work day today, no one even mentioned Pearl Harbor Day. Does anyone still talk about the day.
Every year that I can remember, it has been in the news, documentaries have been shown on many different channels, and even talk show hosts (although some aren't on the air with the strike) mention it and comment. But this year I have heard nothing about it. I'm very surprised. This is quite uncommon, and I'd like to think we haven't become so busy with other news that we forget why we are even able to still HAVE news.
@vmenard (895)
I agree, if we have time to report about thinks like Brittney Spears, we have time for Pearl Harbor.
@kykidd (6823)
I knew the date as soon as I woke up this morning. I am familiar with it and watched a special on the Military channel last night (nothing else on). Some people may not even realize the date, but I am familiar with it.
@vmenard (895)
Very good, thanks for the response.
@deebomb (15347)
I talked about it with my grandson this morning before he went to school. apearently he has been learning about it in his Navel science class. He is in JNROTC. I think it is over looked in the history classes. I haven't had my radio on to day so haven't heard any thing mentiomed. Beside the staion that I listen to is covering Opera and Osama who are here today.
@mac1946 (1602)
• Calgary, Alberta
I am Canadian and served with Australia in Viet Nam,and always remember this day,I have a couple of momentoes from the Arizona memorial in my shop,and make sure to ask each customer if they know what day it is,I just wish there were more people that would remember special days like this,it will help keep history alive. Graet topic,thank you.