How may people have been to a craft fair?

Last weekend I went to a craft fair as a seller and I only sold one item for $15.00. The table space was $45.00 and I paid for a folding table at $50.00. It was to a good weekend except that I learned a few things. I will be looking to sell in some future craft fairs. My products were native American crafts that I put together myself, I am of native American heritage (my Great Great Great Grandfather was Lame Bull a Cheyenne medicine man). Has anyone else been to a craft fair and do you have any secrets t make it more successful in the future?
We have done a few craft fairs. First you will want to research the craft fair and see how many people they have, how old is the craft fair (1st annual isn't a good idea). It takes a lot of trial and error to make selling at craft fairs work, but once you figure it out, it can be worth it! Investing in a good booth set up that will provide good display for your items is also helpful. Since you are selling Native American products it might also be a good idea to bring anything you have of interest that might add to the visual appeal of your booth. Pictures of family members (if you have them), any original Native American items. Dress the part. Let people know that it is your heritage. When it comes to Native American work people will be more likely to buy from you believing that it is your heritage. While at the craft fair talk to everyone! Talk to buyers, and sellers. Find out how they are doing (so you can find out if it is you who needs to adjust or if it is the fair you are at). Most will be friendly, especially when you let them know you are new to the arena. They will give you advice and help you out! I hope you had fun at your first one, and don't get discouraged. Our first one was sixty dollars. We didn't plan for outdoor setup and the grown was terribly uneven. It rained (we had no protective covering), and we didn't sell anything! But we learned a lot!
Sounds like you have a great start happening. It should go well for you and you seem to have it moving in the right direction. The craft fairs you choose to go to has a lot to do with it. Good luck!
@hilary601 (106)
i have no experience about tiis field,but just saw this discussion here,so everything will goes well,whether one or two item you have sold,it is better than nothing ,hehe, so congratulate and hope you could find some more useful information here and be the successful person when i come here next time!~ha ! :P
@venshida (4837)
Sorry to hear, you did not make a profit. I have never done a craft fair, but I have attended several. I think a lot people just come to browse. I think I read somewhere that the lowest price items usually sell better say items for $10.00. Do you have a online store?
Wow, sorry to hear that! I do craft fairs and shows as often as possible and heere are a few things that I learned... Always bring a tablecloth to cover the table. If you have some smaller items, try to raise them up off the table and bring them close to eye level (I use wooden crates purchased from a craft store) This way, customers can see some of your items fromacross the room and be drawn to your table. Business cards... a must have for your table. It helps promote your items. You never know if someone just LOVES your most expensive item, but doesn't have the cash to purchase it that day. With a business card, they can get in touch with you later. (an inexpensive website would also help you with sales after the fair) If your items are handmade, there are a few online options that you could use to help you sell items throughout the year. Good Luck with your next show!
@lilaclady (28240)
Gee that was too bad , I know I went to a spiritual fair once and there was a couple of stalls selling American Indian items I loved them I bought a long stick thingy with feathers on the top and nice ribbons twirled around it, I loved a lot of their art type things... I am surprised you did n't sell more.