I couldnt believe it

@TerryZ (22083)
Last night I was reaching in to turn off the Christmas tree and its a tight squeeze between the wall and the tree. The tree fell over! Yes mostly everything fell off it. Its a fake tree so it wasnt that bad. I had to re decorate the whole tree.Geez what a mess! Thats never happened to me! Has your Christmas tree ever fallen over?
@gabs8513 (48715)
What did you go and do that for? I mean if you wanted to decorate it again you should have just taken the decorations of and then decorate again that would have been easier you know not throw the tree over I don't know But no it has not happened to me yet hehehehe
@TerryZ (22083)
Oh gabs it was a desaster. And I was saying some not very nice words!heheheh
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hahahahaha well I did not think that you knew those not very nice words to lol
@pyewacket (44036)
Oh my gosh, I'm in shock! You mean you said foul words? Not my sweet cybersister!! For shame...hehee..that's okay..you should hear my language at times in front of the computer...would make a truckdriver blush
@faith210 (11233)
Hi TerryZ! Oh, I hope you didn't hurt yourself...just the tree. LOL! That haven't happened to me yet and in hope it won't because putting back all the decorations once again is really, really hard work! haha..LOL! I hope by this time, your tree is up again and is now fully decorated, standing majestically in your home. Take care and have a nice day. :)
@TerryZ (22083)
Hi faith no I didnt hurt myself thanks for caring my friend! Just the tree got hurt!LOL
@faith210 (11233)
Hi TerryZ! Glad to know you weren't...just the tree indeed! LOL! Take care and have a nice day! :)
@pastorkayte (2255)
Hey at least you had the fun of decorating your tree twice. It had to be fun and I bet this time it looked different and you had a good laugh about it, we did two Christmases ago.
@TerryZ (22083)
No it looked the same and no I didnt find it funny!
@chrislotz (8203)
Yes, over the years I've had my tree fall down a few times. One year our cat knocked it over 4 times. I just couldn't get the cat to leave it alone. She thought she could run at it and jump on it. Finally I had to put her downstairs and close the door, especially if we weren't home. When we were home we had to keep an eye on her all the time. And even then she would jump on it. Yes, it makes a really big mess. And what a job to put everything back on it. My kids didn't seem to mind though. They always helped redecorate it, but I would have to clean up the broken ornaments and the pine needles and the tinsel. The tinsel was the worst. Try picking it up by hand, doesn't work so good. I would have to vacuum it and then we'd have to put new stuff on.
@TerryZ (22083)
Hi my friend well I havent used tinsel in a long time. Your right tinsel is hard to pick up. Do you still have that cat?
@chrislotz (8203)
No, that was about 20 years ago and she is long gone. I do have another one now, but she doesn't touch the tree, thank goodness. I also have a dog and he doesn't touch the tree either. I remember the first christmas we had our dog, I was afraid he would lift his leg and pee on it. But he didn't, thank goodness.
@3lilangels (4639)
why yes my friend it has happened to me before but i did have fun re doing it all over again lol.my kids laughed about it but they like when we had to re do it.pattie
@TerryZ (22083)
Oh Geez! I guess these things happen!LOL Now we can laugh about it!LOL
@pyewacket (44036)
I don't think I have to worry too much now with just two cats, and I still do this out of habit, but when I used to have more kitties, I would have a few that would just love to climb the tree, and of course knocking it over...so what I got in the habit of doing is tying some yarn around the upper trunk of the tree and secure the yarn and tie up to a heavy nail in the wall, that way, short of a typhoon, nothing could not it over.
@TerryZ (22083)
LOL Thats funny! My cats have never tried to climb the tree. Because they too fat thats why!heheheh
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I've knocked a few over due to my insane klutziness. When I lived in my grandmother's home she always had a Christmas tree, and she would put it in the good living room that we spent very little time in anyway. Yet somehow I would always wind up with some reason to be walking through there, and BOOM! it would fall if I just barely brushed it. :P I am commonly known as being a walking disaster area.
@TerryZ (22083)
hehehehe Well I hardly touched the tree last night. I couldnt believe it.LOL
@maddysmommy (16236)
It hasn't happened to me (touchwood) LOL
@TerryZ (22083)
Your so lucky!LOL
@Debs_place (10525)
Terry, many times. I used to tie it to the wall. For a while I had a cat who tried to climb it - for a few years he was so bad we put the tree in a play pen. You have your tree up so early, you are good. I was not even going to do a tree this year, but then I bought my son airlines tickets to come home, so I guess I will, He is in the Navy, will be our first Christmas together since 2004.
@TerryZ (22083)
Oh that should be nice for you enjoy!
Oh, poor Terry!...what a pain that would be...hope nothing broke for you. When my cats were tiny, (one's in kitty heaven right now), I noticed how, ummm, interested in the tree they were, haha...so I put a couple of nails under my windowsill and ended up tying the tree up so they couldn't pull it down....it worked. But I did have a St. Bernard that came really close to knocking my one Christmas tree over just with wagging her tail, haha....I grabbed it just in time.
@TerryZ (22083)
No I was lucky nothing broke. Its funny because my cats were never interested in the tree. And I thought they would be when they were kittens.LOL
@cher913 (25890)
yes it did, a couple of years ago. i am not sure how the tree managed to fall, but it did and unfortunately my 10 year old daughter was under the tree, (she was about 8), she wasnt hurt, but just shaken up some.
Hello Terry, Can't say that my tree has ever fallen over, when I had one. That must have been a site to see, hehe Your hubby didn't help you to put the stuff back on it? Bay Lay Gray xx