What do you put in your child's Lunches

@stacy624 (2777)
I am a mom that doesn’t like to give her children pop chips and so on. I like to give them those carrot stick, tuna sandwiches, apples, grapes and so on. What types of food do you give to your child? Please share Thank you all for your Time and responses in advance Stacy
@lilybug (21148)
My son hardly ever takes his lunch to school. He eats school lunch almost every day. When he does actually take a lunch to school it is pretty healthy. He gets either a PB&J or Turkey sandwich. A string cheese and some type of fruit whether it be apple sauce or an apple, grapes or something like that. He sometimes likes raisins in his lunch.
@stacy624 (2777)
Is your son allowed to have Peanut butter at his school? I know here we are NOT allow =( make it a lot harder
@lilybug (21148)
Yes, he can have peanut butter at school. I am glad too cause it is his favorite. They even have it on the lunch menu sometimes.
@stacy624 (2777)
Thats awesome!
@maddysmommy (16235)
He usually has a sandwich of some sorts (either bologne, or turkey or chicken sandwiches, with fruit (either apple, banana or grapes), sometimes yoghurt or goghurts, 1x apple juice and or plain biscuits like goldfish. It varies each week depending on what my son feels like eating. On Fridays I let him order in the cafeteria which is usually cheese pizza/or hotdog with fruit and juice or chocolate milk. I also pack a bottle of water for him when he has PE. He gets thirsty all the time.
@maddysmommy (16235)
I forgot to add that my son isnt allowed chips or anything with peanut at his school because there are children in his class that are allergic to peanuts so I stay away from anything with peanut in them (even though he loves eating peanut butter sandwiches).
@ravinskye (8242)
My daughter likes salad, so I would put a little bit of salad in a gladware container for her. I also have sent jello cups or that yogurt that comes in the tubes.
@stacy624 (2777)
Thats a great idea salad =) Thank you for your response Stacy