Stocking stuffers

Do you have a stocking? Or are they just for children? I love stocking stuffers. I love filling my son and my husband's stocking with little things. When my mom decided we were too old for stockings, my sister and I filled each other's stockings. It was fun picking out little things. Things that are inexpensive but also fun and meaninful. What do you like to get in your stocking?
@ctrymuziklvr (11059)
I haven't had a stocking in years but I make them for everyone regardless of age. When I make them for my daughters who are adults I usually put in things they can use in their apartment and add some fun stuff. I really enjoy making them up.
They are so much fun to stuff them full of little surprises.
That's how my family is, too, and I adore it! It's like a whole bunch of little presents all wrapped up in one and you never know how many miniature surprises you're going to get.
I agree, it's a lot of fun.
@paul8675 (750)
I think that stockings are only really for the very young children.
You are the first differing opinion. Thank you for sharing!
I have a hard time finding stuff to put in hubby's stocking - any suggestions? I got a couple of boxer shorts, but I haven't thought of anything else.
If he likes candy, that's always a good stocking stuffer. Think of things he likes. If he plays cards you could get him a deck of cards or a book of card games. If he likes puzzles you could get him a small puzzle or a book of crosswords or sudoku. My husband is a kid at heart- I always get him a couple of matchbox cars. Does he need a wallet? This is all I can think of for now, hope something here helps.
@yanxchick (252)
When I was younger I never had a stocking. It wasn't until I got older that I finally have one. I love putting little things into my boyfriend's stocking. But other than his, I also put a ton of stuff into my neices and nephew's stockings. I love finding little things for them.
It's nice that you do that for your niece and nephew, and so much fun.
@missybal (4492)
I don't think you could ever be too old for stockings. I have one for me and my husband. My mother gives us all stockings for Christmas. Of course no more little plastic toys anymore. Mostly I get my husband colonge for his and a couple of shirts. My mom always puts nick nacks and candles in chocolate in mine. I like getting a whole bunch of things rather than one big gift.
It is definitely more exciting to get a bunch of little things than one big thing. It keeps the suspense up for a while.
@moneyandgc (3430)
My parents made stockings for us right up until we moved out of the house at 18 or 19 years old. I love stockings! I always helped my dad fill my mom's. He is clueless when it comes to that stuff, as my husband is now. I always way over-buy on stocking stuffers! I always find some much neat stuff to put in there! My husband on the other hand is terrible at it, for some reason he panicks when he is under pressure to buy gifts and stuff. He usually fills my stocking with mostly candy, which is fine. I even give him a list of ideas. He always tells me that he would rather buy me gifts the other 364 days of the year. Christmas stresses him out so badly. He usually does pretty good though.
Yes, men usually are a little clueless when it comes to buying gifts. Especially at Christmas, because it's not like a birthday where you have just one person to buy for, it's everyone at once. That can be stressful, especially for a person who is not very good at it to begin with.
Oh I love stockings. I'd rather get a stocking filled with little things than to get a big gift. My mother in law, my mom, and my grandmother make stockings for us and that is the best part for me. I just love them. My husband and I make stockings for each other every year. I've put soap, shaving cream, these little light things he can use at work, and a bunch of other things in his. I am putting a bunch of toys in my 18 month old's stocking. He doesn't need candy in there so I just bought a bunch of small toys for him.
Sounds great. I really love the stocking too, so much more exciting to empty it.
@palonghorn (5485)
It's always been fun getting up Christmas morning and seeing what was in our stockings, since me and my sister were usually the first ones up, we could get our stockings, but had to wait for everyone to unwrap the gifts under the tree. And even after we were grown, we would go to mom and dad's for Christmas and we always took our stockings to hang at mom's, and then of course I had two daughters and their stockings, and our pets were always included with stockings of their own. I love it now, this will be our third Christmas together for me and my s/o, and he's surprised to find things in his stocking at Christmas.
I love stuffing my hubby's stocking- I give him little things that make the child in him very happy.
@cher913 (25890)
i do stockings for my parents and they do them for us. my mom likes antiques and roosters and snowmen, so i find her some stuff with her interests at garage sales and the like during the summer (i got a new package of snowmen napkins for her stocking at a garage sale!) i put candy and my dad collects pin back pins in his.
That's nice to exchange with your parents. Great way to get those little things you know they will appreciate.
@jillbeth (2711)
I love stuffing Christmas stockings! You're never too old for one, they are such fun! It's nice that you and your sister filled each other's, probably not too many kids would do that. When we were kids, we always got the biggest apples and oranges Mom could find, plus peppermint and some small gifts. I crocheted stockings for all my kids when they were little and I still have them, except now we use them for the grandchildren. We would allow our kids to empty their stockings as soon as they woke up (provided it was daylight already!) and enjoy them until Dad and I were awake enough to play Santa.
I would love to crochet a stocking for my son, but I don't think I'm very good yet.