Christmas Traditions

@cher913 (25890)
what are the special things that you only do at christmas time? i put an advent tree for my daughters in where they get little treats throughout the month of dec (they so look forward to that and tell their friends that they get presents all month!) i get a box of after eights every year we go see lights every year. how about you?
@jillbeth (2711)
We always go out and look at the Christmas lights, too. We put up our lighted Christmas village, which gets larger every year! The grandkids really love it. I imagine it looks pretty awesome from a kid's point of view. I put up the tree and string the lights, then let the grandchildren put on the ornaments. Of course, they all end up on the bottom third of the tree, but the kids are taller this year so maybe we'll get some higher up!
@raydene (9874)
We used to have a many but the kids are older and I am in a different situation now. xoxoxoxo
Sing!! lol Well the decs/tree and all that are special, I generally take jake to see santa which is becoming a tradition. the most one which i do, is watch festive movies as a must. if i can't watch them when they're on I'll set my dvd recorder and watch 'em later. ooo make cookies and things! Thanks, ~Joey
@kurtbiewald (2628)
my mom used to make a felt xmass tree thing with snaps on it , and every night for all of december we would snap on one ornament, till on Xmass eve we would snap on the Star on top in retro spect , it was strange thing to do, yet it helped amp up the anticipation of Xmass I guess
@blueunicorn (2409)
One thing we do is drive around looking at Christmas lights. I actually wrote an article recently about it. You can read it here if you are intersted: http://www.helium.com/tm/720698/meaningful-family-tradition-family
@mouse27 (1155)
i don't do much for christmas nowadays but when i was living at home with my parents we would go to a place called candy cane lane and see all the overly done houses