People do the darnset things,like let their babies play on public floors

I know there are tons of mothers who do this. That can never be denied. the only thing is to just lie and say they don't do it. Honesty is the best policy don't you think? why do people let the cute little baby play on public floors. They are crawling around and learning to stand up. They crawl over to the office table and raise up. Next they go to mommies for a snack to nibble on. She just puts it right in the cute babies hands. I see so many parents let the sweet little one suck on the public bus head rest. Oh talk about turning my stomach. Your sitting behind mother dear while the child stands on her lap slobbering on the head rest. Gross,Gross,Gross,
@SViswan (12095)
I'm not going to lie and say that I don't let my child play on public floors. Sometimes, I do let him play. But then I make sure I wash his hands after he is done and definitely will not give him anything that he can snack on. I do not let him suck on anything or drool over anything. Sometimes, it has happened by mistake when he is teething and his drool spills on something, I make sure I wipe it off right then. Last week, we had to attend a fuction at school for our older son and the younger one was quite restless before it started (he's 1 year old) and I had to let him play a bit so that he wouldn't disturb the other people in the hall. I kept an eye on him and washed his hands and changed his clothes before I went in again.
This at least shows your concerned for your child. People forget you can catch ring worm from dirt as well. Thanks for caring for your sweetie pie.
@SViswan (12095)
Though I'd love to keep my son in my arms when we are out, he's just too active. so, the next best thing I can do is keep an eye on him all the time and let him play a bit. With my son being so active and wanting to move about all the time, I try to avoid going to public places (baby sitters are not an option here and I have no family close by). But there are times when I have to take him out (mostly it's for my older son's school activities which I will not miss for the world). Sometimes, I take my maid along who keeps an eye on him when I need to talk to a teacher. But it really is tough trying to keep an active toddler clean and safe all the time.
@makatas (1103)
• Greece
Yeah i agree with you on this.You can see it everywhere, restaurants, offices, even banks!Babies play in the dirt and trash we all carry at the bottom of our shoes, and later they take in hands snacks and food and eat it. Thats gross indeed, babies need the maximum of hygiene we can offer them. Ok, we know that we cannot watch each and every movement they do, but we must be able to offer a clean environment.
getting dirty boosts the immune system and makes the child stronger and more able to fight disease. I caught one of mine sucking the nappy bucket and she came to no harm
@lucgeta (925)
• France
That's life, you can't create a child inside a bubble or in complete sterile environments. You end up doing more harm than good this way. It's the child role to explore the world around and the parents should limit and care that they don't get in much trouble. Get dirty is in fact part of life. Let you kid be a fully kid ;)
@Sissygrl (10999)
I agree with you that is pretty gross.. the public transit thing.. that's just nasty. I do let my kid play on the floors wherever she is though, because really what choice do i have ? Hold her in my lap and let her cry cause she wants to get down? I try to wipe hands and not let her put her hands into her mouth after she is playing somewhere public, but its pretty hard to keep them totally germ free. PLUS if you never let them get dirty, how will they build up immunities to germs they wouldnt normally come into contact with ? I think within reson, its pretty safe to let them play in public. You must CRINGE at the thought of daycare toys and floors!! lol i dont blame you there. I would never send my kid(s) to daycare.
I don't know why they do this, but it really bothers me. I don't understand why someone would allow their sweet little ones to possibly contract any and everything imaginable...it's just horrifying!! Public floors, railings, tables, etc. are full of germs and who knows what else. I just pray that one day the parents will realize that this is not sanitary nor healthy for their little ones and do their best to stop it. My goodness!! wow!!