Anyone know how reset passwords work?

@jovimom (1576)
Just wondering if there is a certain amount of time it takes for the reset password to work? I don't know much about computer programs when it comes to the technical stuff. I recently had to have my password reset on a site I go on regularly and it's not working yet....
Good comment upstairs.I'd like to supplement one point.May your user ID and password are stealed by others.It often happens on the MSN or some network game.The only solution for this is contacting with the server provider and asking help.
@jovimom (1576)
I hope that didn't happen. I've had the same one for a long time now. Yeah, thats the bad part, they are really slow about responding...
• New Zealand
Same has happened to me - as too many sites I'm signed up with. There could be a time span until your login is activated, or perhaps the site's servers are down...
@jovimom (1576)
What makes it bad is I'm pretty sure I was entering the right password in the 1st place for my old one. I tried again this morning and still no luck. There is a live chat today at 3pm that I didn't want to miss :(