Did you get rude people asking for donation ? Did you donate?

@LittleMel (14055)
I haven't. For some reason we got those calls, asking for donation by phone. Some people were polite, some were downright rude. I didn't donate to any of them, and even if we could set aside some money I would donate to certain organizations only and these guys were never rude at us even if we haven't donated for over a year. I had someone actually said that my shop wouldn't survive if I didn't donate to the community. About 2 or 3 people calling for the same organization. Well my shop survives and I haven't donated anything for the whole year aside from salvation army. Then a couple of phone calls asking for a deceased relative, when I said he was deceased they said "really? well then we ask you for donation" As if they were saying "oh well he's dead so now the job to donate is yours" No way I won't donate to them of course. What a weird way of asking donation. My husband would just hang up, they were lucky I at least talked to them. What about you? has it ever happened to you?
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello dear LittleMel. Usually we are asked to donate by some organizations and they are very polite people. I am sorry that you have had such an unpleasant experience with so rude people. As to those who said that you would not be allowed to open your shop for business, I think that they were just threating you to have you donate without your willing to. They were so rude. I hope that you will never give up to those rude people. Thanks very much for your discussion, dear friend. Have a good day.
@LittleMel (14055)
no I don't give in to rudeness. 2 more people from the same charity called me and I said No. I know there are businesses who market themselves by donating a large amount, but if they look around the marketing opportunities are abundant not only donation. thanks my friend
Morning, dear LittleMel. Thanks so much for the best response. Have a good day, dear friend.
@kurtbiewald (2628)
sometimes I give $5 then often they spend $10 in postage asking for more money
@LittleMel (14055)
and how do you know that? they came back asking you again? by the way I missed one word for the description. "I haven't donated".