Scientists clone cats that glow in the dark..NO joke

@ersmommy1 (12605)
They manipulated a fluorescent gene. Tying to find help for human genetic diseases. When you hit the cat with UV light they glow in the dark!
I can see the good of this and the bad. My cat is not an outdoor cat and only got out once in 14 years. It would be great for cat owners who have lost their pets at night, or are just looking to see where they are. On the other hand, many people do not like cats and I can see them getting hurt or tortured, it happens all the time unfortunately. Halloween is the worst time of the year for this.
I forgot to add that I don't see any real reasoning for this in the least.
@ersmommy1 (12605)
I have a black cat. So I know about the stupidity of Halloween pranks on cats. I agree. They were not trying to make the cats glow. They are doing research for help with human genetic diseases. As a side effect, they discovered the glow in the dark thing.
Thank you very much for BR...that was a nice surprise on New Years Day!, I totally forgot about this discussion......Happy New Year to you!, and Thanks again.
Why would you want a glow in the dark cat? What is the purpose? This goes to show that animals suffer and die in scientific labs and for what reason? To find out how we can make them glow? Animals are tortured and have painful scientific experiments done on them while they are 100% awake and for what? Animal testing is a big f*cking joke. WTH do we need glow in the dark cats for?
@ersmommy1 (12605)
It's a side affect. The research thats done(as stated in the question) is to find help for human genetic disease. They were not just testing to make the cats glow in the dark.I would think messing with genes of an animal just to make it glow in the dark would be cruel.