How do the interest rankings affect our performance in myLot?

@abroji (3247)
I was quite inactive in myLot for some months now. When I come back I see that some system of interest ranking is introduced. I understand that my contributions under a particular interest group is considered and evaluated for ranking me among the members participating in that particular group. But what I don't understand is the significance of such ranking. Do you think this ranking affects or influence our earnings in myLot? I am really curious to know that.
@Agent001 (242)
Its does not do anything directly.
@suspenseful (40326)
I do not trust the new rating system. I thought it was those who were experts, such as if you happen to be a cook, the more knowledgable you are the higher the rating, but it tells you how much you post. So you could have gone to the Cordon Blu and had been a master chef in a four star restaurant, but if you only posted two posts about cooking, you would only get two,while someone who just grilled hamburger and posted six posts about cooking would get six,
@raydene (9875)
I don't know about you but it doesn't make a difference to me..I will just go on as I have..I'm just here to be with my friends. xoxoxoxo
I don't think they're really doing much, as it's just a messure of how many posts you do within a section. I'm probably missing something, but I like the idea but for me it doesn't show or prove anything. Just helps with getting noticed. ~Joey
No I don't and also don't fully understand it. I feel it is just to show others what topics we use most. That is all I can see it doing and the highest user is rated #1. So good luck and continue as you were doing before.