Unique and Useful Tips!

I received these tips from a friend and thought I would pass them on to myLot friends. Hope you find something useful. Reheat Pizza Heat up leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove. Set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really works. Easy Deviled Eggs Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly. Cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away when done easy clean up. Expanding Frosting When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You get to frost more cakes & cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar/calories per serving. Reheating refrigerated bread To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster. Newspaper weeds away Start putting in your plants; work the nutrients in your soil. Wet newspapers & pu t layers around the plants overlapping as you go cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic they will not get through wet newspapers. Broken Glass Use a dry cotton ball to pick up little broken glass pieces of glass- the fibers catch ones you can't see! No More Mosquitoes Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away. Squirrel Away! To keep squirrels from eating your plants sprinkle your plants with cayenne pepper. The cayenne pepper doesn't hurt the plant and the squirrels won't c ome near it. Flexible vacuum To get something out of a heat register or under the fridge add an empty paper towel roll or empty gif wrap roll to your vacuum. It can be bent or flattened to get in narrow openings. Reducing Static Cling Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and - voila - static is gone. Measuring Cups Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill it with hot water. Dump ou t the hot water, but don't dry the cup. Next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it comes right out. Foggy Windshield? Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car. When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Works better than a cloth! Reopening envelope If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something inside, just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two. Voila! It unseals easily. Conditioner Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. I t' s a lot cheaper than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It's also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but didn't like when you tried it in your hair... Goodbye Fruit Flies To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass fill it 1/2" with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dishwashing liquid, mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever! Get Rid of Ants Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it "home," & can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works & you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed! Take baby powder to the beach Keep a small bottle of baby powder in your beach bag. When you're ready to leave the beach sprinkle yourself and kids with the powder and the sand will slide right off your skin. Pass on these great tips to your friends and family!
@theprogamer (10539)
I like it! Great work. A few of these I haven't tried before (and usually I'm the one thinking of these things). Again, great work and thanks for sharing.
no more mosquitoes,that is really a great tip ! and other tips are also not bad.thanke you ! it's kind of you to share them with others. by the way,it's my first time to see your topic,that's wonderful! i will keep paying attention to your discussion. happy posting!
@Lakota12 (42684)
good ideas I like the one about the ants for we get alot in the summer and spray can get costly thanks
@jennybianca (12914)
I like the frosting idea. We have some frosting ready for my daughters star shaped Christmas cake & this would be a good idea to make it go further. I dont like soggy pizzas so that is a good idea. Maybe the cayeene peeper works with cats who eat one of my plants!! I might tell my husband the fly tip, as he always going on about the amount of flies in summer.
@raydene (9874)
These are great..I love the cornmeal ant one..Can't wait til summer to try that out..And the fruit flies...grrrrr..I will be happy to try that one out.. Thanks Doll xoxoxoxoxoxo
@devilsangel (1817)
Dang I wish I had a printer cause this stuff is awesome. I'm gonna use that pizza tip next time too.. cause normally I reheat it in the microwave and its all rubbery when I take it out. The broken glass tip is great too.. recently one of the glass shelves on my nic-nack stand broke and I've been trying to get all the tiny bits up that I can't reach with the vaccum.
So glad you responded as I realze why the person in response doesn't like me #8 it was probably because of my comments to him on your discussion! LOL http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1358197.aspx BTW I like the cotton for broken glass as well.
Wow, I could use these hints in some of my client's homes. The fruit flies in the summer months are terrible.
I love the cotton ball idea for picking up shards of glass. I usually use my bare feet! : )
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
I think the way Jeremy responded shows exactly why we need these buttons, maybe someone in mylot will find out through reading this how we generally feel blessed be
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
yes thankyou for that they certainly work for me. I also keep vinugar handy for jelly fish stings, takes the pain away immediately
@rosey3223 (1569)
Man, those were some awesome tips that will really help!! We had a major problem this summer with ants and I have never had to deal with them before, so that tip will really help for next year!! Did you also know that if you have a problem with stray cats eating your plants and pooping in your yard you can sprinkle cayenne pepper and they go away? It doesn't hurt them they just can't stand the smell.
I think the newest tip on here for me is the one about the static and a safety pin. I may put a pin on each of my slips. I know that this will work, that it will cause the static to be discharged. I wish I had been smart enough to think of this myself. I do not think I had heard about the cornmeal and ants before either.
@bethyboo (399)
Those are some wonderful tips. I even printed them up to put them in some gift baskets that I am going to give as presents. Thanks so much for sharing. I know my family will love the tips too!
@marciascott (25554)
I wish My printer worked Heather those are some good tips, when I get some ink I am going to print these tips out.
wweeehh.. nice onec".) thank you so much mmwuah meryy christmasc".)
Thanks for this one....these are great tips and I will use several of them.
@deebomb (15322)
When I'm cooking one of those individuals pizza, I cook it on the top of the stove in a small skillet with the lid. This way I don't have to wait for the oven to heat up. As for measuring sticky ingredients I usually use a very small amount of oil or cooking spray and the ingredients come out very easily. Good hints
@deebomb (15322)
I forgot A good way to kill ants is to put baking soda on the mound. This really does work. we had some move into the shower wall I poured a couple of tablespoons in there and they were gone by the next day.
@mummymo (23707)
Wow what fantastic tips - I espescially like the one about talcum powder at the beach - we always swwm to bring half the sand home with us! xxxx