"This Is America Speak English" Cheesecake Owner

@vmenard (895)
A Cheesecake Owner makes a controversial policy for his shop. Joseph Vento an owner of a cheescake shop is getting grief for displaying a sign that reads, "This is America Speak English." I think it's his shop and he should be able to make that policy. Maybe he just wants to understand the patrons of his shop. I don't thnk t's a prejudice thing.
@bcote212 (1113)
Have to agree 100% with the sign. There is a famous Cheese Steak place in Philadelphia with the same sign on his window. Now seriously if you dont speak English how would you have any idea what it says right? Plus if I was living in another country i think that I would at least attempt to learn the language of that country. I am not predujuce at all in fact my family came to america from Spain, but we all speak English.
@vmenard (895)
I agree, it's not too much to ask that your customers speak english, why should he be forced to know what they are saying, when they came into his shop.
@AD11RGUY (1266)
I have to agree with his sign. When one takes up residency in a country, it is normal to become proficient in the language that that country speaks. Only here in America is there so much disrespect for speaking our language, let alone accepting our customs and sanitary practices. Yes, it's the land of the free. But that freedom applies only to the citizens of this country and citizens of any country try to communicate with each other in a common format known as language, not only to to express themselves, but to share their identity as members of said country. It's a matter of respect and communal bonding.