Going back for another haircut for holidays!

@LittleMel (14059)
I had a haircut about 3 months ago and it was a pleasant experience. Nobody recommended me to go there, I just decided to have a hair cut when I went shopping in the mall. I never had good experience with cheap hair salon. I had great experiences with the expensive ones, but I can only afford going there every 8 months and now I know that I find this cool place at the shopping mall I can get regular hair cut every 2 months or so there instead and going to the expensive ones for special occassion like anniversary only. So what do you plan to do for your appearance this holiday? maybe pampering yourself, get a tan skin, manicures etc do you plan to do it at home or have you picked just the professional who can do it for you?
@speakeasy (4215)
I used to go to one place in a mall when I wanted a cut; but, the last time I went there I was very dissatisfied and did not even get a cut. They have a policy of NO appointments - first come first served. I know because I had tried to make an appointment before. It was the morning before a business party; so I wanted to look my best. I was the second person in the door when they opened and after the first person was called back by one of they stylists, I knew I would be next. The other stylist called me back and got me seated when this woman just walked in and demanded that the stylist take care of her first. The stylist then told me that this other woman had an APPOINTMENT and I would have to go back to the waiting area and wait until she or the first stylist finished. I said I did not have time to go out and wait (I had to get to work) and I should not have to because the policy was NO appointments. I was basically told "too bad, go sit down". I was boiling mad and stormed out stating that not only would I NEVER get my hair cut there again; but, I would tell all my friends to stay away from there too, Since then I have not found a new place and my son and I have actually been cutting my hair. I cut the front using the bathroom mirror and he cuts the back. It is not as "fancy" a cut; but, it still looks good and it doesn't cost me a thing.
@LittleMel (14059)
really that's too bad. how come they allow someone make an appointment and not everyone else? you are right don't go back there. after all you and your son will do better the more often you do it, you may not need anyone else to cut your hair again
@speakeasy (4215)
That was my point - if no one can have an appointment - how did she get one? Also, if she had an appointment; why was I called back and actually in the chair when she showed up? Why didn't the stylist just take a little longer getting set up and waiting for her to show instead of calling me back to her chair? I originally had my husband helping cut my hair; but, he kept cutting it TOO short. Then, I found out that my son was better at following directions; so, I have him do the part I can't see instead. As long as I am happy with a simple cut; we make a good team. But, if I want a more complicated cut (layering, feathering, etc) I will need to find a new place.
@LittleMel (14059)
oh yes layering I figure you will need professionals to do it I mean I can cut my own bangs, but to shape it or thin it, I can't do it alone
@polachicago (19143)
I just cut about 10 inches for Winter. I cat my hair twice a year, but this time it was a big cut.... It makes much easier to wash and go....:)
@LittleMel (14059)
yes it is, much easier
During the christmas season I like to look my best. My wife cuts my hair because I just have it cut short. I will have her cut it before christmas. I wont go and get a tan or anything else but I will make sure I shave and shower like normal.
@LittleMel (14059)
I could do that for my husband, I think, actually no, he will kill me if I do it wrong heheh
@dianne17k (601)
I'm lucky that getting a haircut here in the philippines is very cheap so I could go anytime I want to. Lately, I tried cutting my hair by myself and I guess I'm pretty satisfied with doing it by myself so i haven't been to a professional for about 6 months now. This Christmas, I might consider going back to the saloon for a little pampering like getting some hair treatment, manicure, pedicure and foot spa.
@LittleMel (14059)
sounds like great plan